Author Topic: Sun Block Curtains  (Read 3691 times)

Offline Denton

Sun Block Curtains
« on: March 12, 2017, 16:52:56 PM »
Can anyone give the name of a curtain shop that do Sun Block curtains (preferably white ones), that go under your net curtains to keep the sun out in the summer. A Shop in Fethiye would be great.  Many thanks

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: Sun Block Curtains
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 17:12:06 PM »
You need to ask in any curtain shop or haberdashers for beyaz karartma materyali ( white blackout material ).

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 17:39:17 PM »

Driving down the main road into Fethiye as you approach the large Tuesday Market junction you have the kanal on your left.

On the road behind the kanal, approx' 500 metres before the junction there is a curtain shop. They made and fitted all our

Sun Block curtains,nets and a couple of blinds. Pick your material,poles, tie back fittings ect and they do the rest. We were very

pleased with their service and would recommend them. Cannot tell you the name sadly.

Offline lissa

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2017, 18:05:42 PM »
Aydilek on the road between the roundabout close to the big Migros, and the cemetery on the road to Oludeniz. About half way along the road between the roundabout and the cemetery, on the right hand side as leaving Fethiye. Has curtains, blinds, bedding, towels. He speaks good English, name is Hakan.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2017, 19:00:26 PM »

Cannot tell you the name sadly.

It's Buldan's on 137 Sokak. They supplied almost all of our curtains and bedlinen.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2017, 19:28:18 PM »

That's  them. They were recommended by a good Turkish friend, and I believe they do a lot of work for Hotels. Nice people..

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2017, 21:30:35 PM »
There is a lady that lives in Fethiye called Grace Louise Turan.  She is English and married to a Turkish guy. She makes curtains to measure, also re-covered furniture etc.,  She is well known by the local ex-pats who use her all the time.  I have seen pictures of of work and it is lovely. 
I have made friends with her on F.B and plan to use her services in the future. 
Worth giving her a called.

Offline Denton

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2017, 13:11:46 PM »
Thanks so much everyone, I really appreciate your help.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf