Author Topic: Which one - Google Picasa or Windows Live for Photos  (Read 2110 times)

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Which one - Google Picasa or Windows Live for Photos
« on: August 11, 2012, 13:35:59 PM »
I would be interested to know which software you use for editing images and why.

After voting you will be able to see the results and then comment about your choice.

Thanks for taking part

Nichola   :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Which one - Google Picasa or Windows Live for Photos
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 13:39:18 PM »
www.irfanview.com

Irfanview, a nice easy program rather than a website.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 19:28:06 PM »
http://www.gimp.org/

Simple and quick, and can do much the same as photoshop.  I did this one of my little nieces held in daddies hands as a practice piece, 1st attempt.

2nd attempt

Offline thebillet

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 11:33:23 AM »
I use Picasa and have just dipped into its creative labs section; I was particularly interested in using the saturation options which are built into Canon and some Sony cameras and I would like to use the Bokeh features which have become quite prevalent on TV pictures, lots at Wimbledon. The saturation is where one colour is retained others are monochromatic (I think) Bokeh is a way of altering the depth of field for effect - how much is in focus how much is blurred. The Picasa options give a limited set of saturation options, nice ones mind, but not how to retain only one colour or at least I haven't found it. As for Bokeh/depth of field none in Picasa but I found one site with brilliant options but was aat $199a  bit steep for me I want mine for free.

I usually find my ways around new free programmes but Picasa probably captures too much,e.g.  I have got loads of album art clogging up folders and you can't highlight and grab big chunks to send to the hidden section, a real pain.

I do like the ways in which Picasa leaves your original file untouched and saves a copy of what you changed and keeps that in Picasa.

The general features og Picasa are good and i use them often but it is a big miss that they only have limited print sizes.

Never used Windows live but might give it a go if others say it is good. I'll certainly look at the the others mentioned above.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf