Author Topic: 4G Internet  (Read 2943 times)

Offline angieebabe

4G Internet
« on: September 05, 2014, 12:55:35 PM »
Hi , a little advice on this please, just got 4G Internet installed and so far it works well, must be if the wife can whatch the X Factor on TV . Anyway my question is , the  cable enters on the ground floor through a POE switching unit then into a Router thus giving us WiFi , but when you go upstairs to the 1st floor the signal is poor , go upto the top floor then the signal just disappears , can I piggy back with installing another hard wired Router upstairs or do I just change the existing Router to a better quality type with Aerials attached, any ideas welcome and the best type of router to get if need be . Thanks.

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Re: 4G Internet
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 14:18:55 PM »
4G? Are you in Calis or Fethiye? This short description of 4G is a universe away from what I have here !

4G, short for fourth generation, is the fourth generation of mobile telecommunications technology, succeeding 3G and preceding 5G. A 4G system, in addition to the usual voice and other services of 3G, provides mobile ultra-broadband Internet access, for example to laptops with USB wireless modems, to smartphones, and to other mobile devices. Conceivable applications include amended mobile web access, IP telephony, gaming services, high-definition mobile TV, video conferencing, 3D television, and cloud computing.

Offline angieebabe

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 16:34:44 PM »
Crikey , 3G, 4G, I may have the terminology incorrect , But we had a  3G Turkcell WiFi unit for well over a year now mainly due to Turk telecom not having the additional phone lines in our area in Calis.
Now we have had this system installed with a fixed Aerial on the Roof Cabled into the POE switch Unit then LAN into the Router, works great , huge improvement , at 35 lira a month we are happy with the quality and speed.
My question is can the house WiFi coverage be improved to include upstairs etc by either using a second Router and Piggy Back or just go for a much better router as the one supplied is quite a basic and cheap model .

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 17:17:58 PM »
We had this problem - our place is very long and narrow with the router at the front. We had no signal at all on iPads and phones at the back. I invested in a TP-Link plug in repeater which you put half way between router and dead area - I must say it has been absolutely brilliant and a doddle to install.

It's this one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-TL-WA850RE-Universal-Extender-Configuration/dp/B00AHXXJVW/

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2014, 17:31:22 PM »
Angieebabe, agree with Scunner, we have a wireless extender, it plugs into a socket and works a treat, I can now get great internet by the pool which is quite a way from my wireless router. Can I ask who provides your internet service?

Offline angieebabe

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2014, 18:23:28 PM »
Thanks for that Scunner

Rimms , good question and will find out for you , it was word of mouth and listed last week through Volkan at VoJo's on the forum , I am overseas at the moment but will get more info as soon as possible and revert back , thanks .

Offline ECHOSTAR

• Uk and Sky Tv no Problem
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2014, 20:33:45 PM »
This is what you want tp link home plug kit the unit for up stairs is wireless as well as a ethernet socket very good

TL-WPA281KIT dont know what 3g wireless modem you have so you might want a access point for the home plug prviding you are on the same phase these do 3 floors easy

Offline angieebabe

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2014, 11:23:56 AM »
Thanks for the advice and help , One last question , I have the TP-Link , Model TL-WR720N, 150 Mbps, do you think I would have to change my router to suit 300 Mbps as per the WiFi Extender and or the Home  upgrade Kit mentioned.

Offline ukchris

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2014, 19:26:42 PM »
no need to change the router, the new unit will work fine at the slower speed

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf