Author Topic: Great deal on Pierre Cardin shirts  (Read 7070 times)

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
Re: Great deal on Pierre Cardin shirts
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2015, 15:20:53 PM »
I wish I had never heard of Sports Direct.

I ordered three shirts which were delivered and my credit card had £9 plus £3,99 p&p deducted. They were the wrong size so I returned them and asked for one size larger. I then received two emails. The first said there were no appropriate replacements and so I would not be charged. The second said that the (non-existent) replacements had been despatched. Two weeks later I realized that I hadn't had a refund. Since then I have in time-consuming lackadaisical correspondence with them pointing out that I have no shirts and no refund. First they told me that that the refund would take 5 days to clear my credit card account. So I replied that it had already been 19 days. Today I got his gem:
We don't take the payment what happens is your bank holds these funds so you will need to contact them, regarding this as we don't take payment until we send it out and only charge for goods you receive.Sorry for any inconvenience caused.Kind regards, ........................
Customer Services
I am torn between beating the rotters and saying "How much effort do I want to put into this to get £9 back?". I see on Channel 4 tonight there is a programme on the secrets of Sports Direct's success. I think I have a clue what some of these might be.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 18:14:12 PM by Colwyn »

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2015, 17:58:26 PM »
Go to their Facebook Page and complain.  I always find that a complaint on a F.B. page will stir the supplier into action.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2015, 18:48:43 PM »
Tonight's programme on Channel 4 is a real eye opener, a diabolical company.
The sad thing is it will make no difference, the owner is so wealthy and thick skinned
he can and probably will just ignore it.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2015, 09:40:29 AM »
After an exchange of emails (each one from customer services arriving within half an hour of an anonymous phantom one contradicting the first) I finally got my refund on the three shirts earlier this week.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2015, 10:00:51 AM »
I have unsubscribed from Sports Direct now and would not buy from them again after we watched the programme about the owner and the way he treats his staff

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2015, 11:10:25 AM »
And the Geordie fans,was it him who said fans were knobheads to pay £45.00 for team shirts that cost the club about a fiver to make ?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf