Author Topic: bars eating out  (Read 2278 times)

Offline johnny-b

« on: June 12, 2007, 05:37:30 AM »
anyone know of good places in ovacik ??

Offline loulou

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2007, 11:19:34 AM »
Depending upon how far up you are in Ovacik, my favourites are (for food and drink and a laugh) 4 Seasons Restaurant, Morning Star Hotel and Malibu Apart Hotel

Offline Linda

bars eating out
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2007, 11:21:51 AM »
There is a lovely new hotel in Ovacik with bar and restaurant in it's grounds. It's called Halcyon Days, a little difficult to find but worth it. Run by 2 English couples but has a Turkish chef who is excellant. If you are approaching from the main round it is at the back of Morning Star or if your approaching from the back road it is located off the road directly opposite the Turtle Bar. It is a light green building and is in a residential area.

The other place I am hearing good reports about is Mirage which is on the main road, on the left hand side heading out of Ovacik towards Fethiye.

Like Lou Lou we love Four Seasons which is at the bottom end of Ovacik towards Hisaronu on the left hand side on a corner. Great atmosphere and always fairly busy - the 2 lads that run it are brothers and are so lovely if not a little mad  :)

Hope this helps, Afiyet Olsun  :)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 12:44:56 PM by Linda »

Offline slartibartfast

bars eating out
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2007, 21:38:29 PM »
I have absolutely no hesitation in recommending Cheers Restaurant Ovacik.    It's new this year with the owner having been a waiter in Megri Fethiye for the past 12 years and with an ex-Megri chef.

They are very serious about their food.  Have a look at the food in their cabinets.      

It's just along from the Orka hotel towards Hisaronu

http://{A Link to an old CBF topic was here - no longer available}15510&Banner=107

We also use 4 Seasons which can be a laugh and the food is OK.  There can be long delays getting your meal at times.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 21:39:32 PM by slartibartfast »

Offline Linda

bars eating out
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2007, 07:44:58 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by slartibartfast

I have absolutely no hesitation in recommending Cheers Restaurant Ovacik.    It's new this year with the owner having been a waiter in Megri Fethiye for the past 12 years and with an ex-Megri chef.

They are very serious about their food.  Have a look at the food in their cabinets.      

It's just along from the Orka hotel towards Hisaronu

http://{A Link to an old CBF topic was here - no longer available}15510&Banner=107

We also use 4 Seasons which can be a laugh and the food is OK.  There can be long delays getting your meal at times.

Nice to see $ seasons getting a mention again. Yeah the guys in 4 Seasons are not the most organised when they are really busy but they know it and are working hard to improve things. They try so hard and deserve to do well. It is one of the best nights in here, with live Turkish Saz music, which you don't get in many bars or restaurants. It's a great place so don't give up on it  ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf