Author Topic: Mosquitoes  (Read 6824 times)

Offline smithhot23

Mosquitoes
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2007, 21:18:39 PM »
thanks for all the resposnes - I feel a bit of a cheat as I am aware that I ve  not officially intorduced myself this time -  I have been a regular attender of the forum for some years - but I have moved house etc etc and totally lost all passwords email etc etc so I have re registered. Please forgive me - we have an a apartment in Calis bought 5 yeqrs ago -  we live in north wales and we have a holiday in calis approx x3 time a year. For the first time we tried november this year and we expected our beloved flies to be less of a problem  as it wasnt very hot. However they were three times as bad.

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
Mosquitoes
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2007, 22:09:12 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by smithhot23

thanks for all the resposnes - I feel a bit of a cheat as I am aware that I ve  not officially intorduced myself this time -  I have been a regular attender of the forum for some years - but I have moved house etc etc and totally lost all passwords email etc etc so I have re registered. Please forgive me - we have an a apartment in Calis bought 5 yeqrs ago -  we live in north wales and we have a holiday in calis approx x3 time a year. For the first time we tried november this year and we expected our beloved flies to be less of a problem  as it wasnt very hot. However they were three times as bad.

:) Thanks for saying hello  :) Most members won't see it tucked away here though, pop into New members intro's & say hello to everyone.  Look forward to seeing you on the board more often, now you've found your way back  :) ;)

Offline AndyLin

Mosquitoes
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2007, 07:14:40 AM »
Was up in Ovacik last week for 4 days dog sitting, have never seen the mozzies so bad. Thankfully the out-laws were with us so they got them and we got off scotfree. Had one in the appt (behind Tansas) last night though

Offline telsoo

Mosquitoes
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2007, 11:05:39 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Andrew H

I agree we have a place in Ovacik and have never had any problems with mossies

Its weird that some have never had mossies like us since 2005 yet others are over run!
We have visited in May and September each year and dont remember a single one but we dont leave our windows open at night. Sitting out late on the balcony we havent either!
We havent any lake or standing fresh water near us so perhaps thats the reason.
2008 may be different.

Offline lizdev

Mosquitoes
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2008, 17:07:45 PM »
I got this from my sister in Arizona - does anyone know if it works ???

"I knew this stuff was deadly.  Anything that tastes that bad has to be.  Mosquito spray..... I can't wait to try this in the summer!
I was at a deck party awhile back, < /B> and the bugs were having a ball biting everyone. A man at the party sprayed the lawn and deck floor with Listerine, and the little demons disappeared.
The next year I filled a 4-ounce spray bottle
and used it around my seat whenever I saw mosquitoes.
And voila! That worked as well.

It worked at a picnic where we sprayed
the area around the food table, the children's swing area,
and the standing water nearby. During the summer, I don't leave home without it....."

Offline lindacarl

• Pontypool - which is in WALES not England
Mosquitoes
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2008, 06:14:09 AM »
PMSL - never heard that about Listerine before & I worked for many years at the Pharmaceutical plant that made it. Some people do buy it though I often wondered - WHY??? Now Euthymol toothpaste (with some of same ingredients) & similarly horrible taste was a dentists nightmare apparently but wonderful for polishing brass or any metals - very good at removing enamal & dentine from teeth also.

Would that be the original or the new taste ones? I might even have some of the old stuff knocking around. It would be many years old so probably more potent now. Hated the stuff.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 06:17:21 AM by lindacarl »

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
Mosquitoes
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2008, 08:37:53 AM »
Listerene, Hmmm, now I know why my bestest buddy Paul NEVER,EVER gets bitten when he visits us from Bishy!! He ALWAYS brings Listerene with him!! We can be sitting together in a bar, I end up getting the mossie bites, and he doesnt,
Gordy.

Offline doll

Mosquitoes
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2008, 19:35:09 PM »
they also say eating marmite keeps them away
vitamim b6 and b12 and yeast tablets
its what you give off (your smells etc)

Offline ayshe

Mosquitoes
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2008, 18:02:17 PM »
I am going to come Ovacik for disinfect with ULV my aunt's villa.If you want I will help you this subject.I have certificate about pest control.

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
Mosquitoes
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2008, 19:37:31 PM »
 :)Amazing. listerine, who'd have thought it, mind you anything is worth a try as opposed to getting bit, I prefer the expedition 50 as it was the first thing that actually worked for me,aand would have happily paid much more for it.:P

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf