Author Topic: some info please  (Read 2191 times)

Offline baby.boo

some info please
« on: July 18, 2008, 20:07:03 PM »
can anyone tell me if ovacik would suit a family with a 2 year old a women in her mid twenties that likes a bit of nightlife a typical man and a mother-in-law that likes peace and quiet?
how close is it to like fethiye and beaches etc....

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
some info please
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 20:09:59 PM »
not much nightlife more in hisaronu but not far away from fethiye or calis or even oludeniz
what is a typical man:D

Offline baby.boo

some info please
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 20:22:57 PM »
haha
typical man is one that is happy with whatever aslong as there is a beer nearby.

you say not much nightlife, how would it compare to calis?

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
some info please
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 20:54:10 PM »
BB Ovacik is a mainly residential area which stretches from about 2 miles from Fethiye right up to Hisaronu.
At the Hisaronu end of Ovacik there are a few shops and quite a few resturants.
Hisaronu is quiet in places near to Ovacik and very liveley at the far end of Hisaronu with a good mix in between. One of the reasons that I like the area is that you can choose without travelling too far whether you have a quiet or lively night.

This is the opinion of a typical man!

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
some info please
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2008, 18:36:38 PM »
It would be perfect for every one of you. You have everything within a ten minute walk. Your Mother in law has the peace and quiet which you get in Ovacik (and the most stunning of scenery), there are plenty of family bars and restaurants in Ovacik, and a water park with a toddler area for the 2 year old. There are numerous hotels with slides for the kids, and Hisaronu, a 10 - 20 minute walk away (depending on where you are situated) is pedestrianised of an evening, so perfectly safe for wandering around with the little one. The beaches at the back of the lagoon in Olu are shallow and warm, and have play area for the children. There are shops galore in Olu and Hisaronu and you are a twenty minute dolmus ride away from Fethiye, for more shops, restaurants and harbour. We chose Ovacik as we are a family with two young children, and it suits our every need. (oh, and if you like fairgrounds, there is a small fair in the centre of Hisaronu)  Hope this is of some help to you
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 18:37:48 PM by sue mac »

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
some info please
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2008, 18:41:11 PM »
oh and by the way, what is a typical man? If hes anything like my typical man, who loves Ovacik, then your laughing!

Offline Stressed Eric

some info please
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2008, 04:24:20 AM »
Ovacik would be perfect. It is far enough away from Hisaronu so as not to disturb you, but close enough should you want the nightlife. If you have a 2 year old with a pushchair in tow, or anyone with walking diffuculties, I'd suggest accommodation in the lower section of the valley.

Offline slartibartfast

some info please
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2008, 21:58:26 PM »
We think it's a great location for the reasons you mention.  It is quiet but you are close to whatever else you fancy.

Send me an email from my profile or check out our website from my profile if you want a look a our website which has more info on the area.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 23:31:31 PM by slartibartfast »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf