Author Topic: Building Work  (Read 3822 times)

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Building Work
« on: June 10, 2009, 08:44:20 AM »
Very interesting article in the Turkish Daily News today about ongoing building work in Ovacik......some quite laughable comments by the "Authorities" too.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !

Offline milliemars

Building Work
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 09:53:39 AM »
So kerramettin says there is no building work going on,cannot he not see cement lorries diggers etc all around Ovacik,that is without the noise, and dust be created.Last year Jardarma were at the top of the hill turning all building vehicles back,where are they this year??.Maybe this is why most tourists are being sent to Marmaris etc

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

Building Work
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 13:57:30 PM »
Some builders do stick by the rules as they have no other option. Others seem to be able to get away with murder because they have the influence.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 14:21:41 PM by Ovacikpeedoff »

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

Building Work
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 14:03:53 PM »
There should be no exceptions to the law in that it is applied to all or not to anyone.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 14:23:10 PM by Ovacikpeedoff »

Offline Stressed Eric

Building Work
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2009, 20:25:41 PM »
Still hearing the hammering, angle grinding, cement lorries from a nearby building site on Ovacik, we made enquiries how much longer this would continue and it would appear that certain builders have been issued 'special' permissions to continue buidling all summer by the Beledeye.

Offline milliemars

Building Work
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2009, 20:31:32 PM »
Wonder how much that has cost them?? I bet our local well known builder is amongst them,but what do you expect with family.

Offline minimoo

Building Work
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2009, 05:39:41 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by milliemars

Wonder how much that has cost them?? I bet our local well known builder is amongst them,but what do you expect with family.

I don't think the company you are referring to has been building this winter. As far as I am aware, the only buildings still being worked on are those being done by Infinity Express...who are well known for being late in everything they do!!!!

Offline Stressed Eric

Building Work
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2009, 06:39:46 AM »
The site that is disturbing us is a small company but they still have signed permissions. We have been told that due to the elections, there were delays at the Beledeye releasing some permissions to start building this winter, so they are letting them work all summer. So much for encouraging tourism in the area.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Building Work
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2009, 06:44:10 AM »
You mean Eventually Express ! ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf