Author Topic: Crime in Ovacik  (Read 8815 times)

Offline nigelthebuilder

Crime in Ovacik
« on: July 28, 2009, 20:17:46 PM »
HI WE EVERY BODY WE HAVE AN APPARTMENT IN OVACIK WE HAVE HAD IT FOR 5 YEARS AND  WE ARE THINKING OF MOVEING OVER THERE TO LIVE BUT THE CRIME IN OVACIK SEEMS TO BE GETTING WORSE I ALSO HAVE 2 DOGS AND IM WORRIED FOR THEM,ARE THE POLICE DOING MORE PATROLS?THANK-NIGEL NIKKI
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 22:45:05 PM by stoop »

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Crime in Ovacik
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 20:48:34 PM »
Please don't write in capital Nigel, it gives the impression of shouting.

Tinx

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
Crime in Ovacik
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 21:00:37 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by tinkerman

Please don't write in capital Nigel, it gives the impression of shouting.

Tinx

Now now Tinx, I got a b*****king for saying that yesterday   :(

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Crime in Ovacik
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009, 22:44:25 PM »
..and the topic heading as well. Makes the forum look so untidy ;)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 22:44:40 PM by stoop »

Offline Old Daffodil

Crime in Ovacik
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 10:45:26 AM »
Is there a lot of crime in Ovacik this year? I only heard of a couple of incidents with a burglary and a handbag which failed.

Offline ovaciksarah

Crime in Ovacik
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2009, 11:06:18 AM »
I,ve lived here for 5 years with 3 dogs and crime is never a problem, let the dogs bark when anyone is ev en walking up the road and you can,t go wrong.  This is home now, and compared to England nothing bad happens, just make sure your house is secure.  I feel safe walking my dogs even at 2 a.m. take no notice of all the scaremongering, it,s so much worse in G.B.

Offline BabaYard

Crime in Ovacik
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2009, 14:32:54 PM »
'take no notice of all the scaremongering' - Sarah, those of us who have been victims of crime are not 'scaremongers' just helpful people trying to convey important information. It's great that your dogs provide you with protection, but don't forget that some pet owners in Ovacik have had their dogs poisoned. God forbid this ever happens to you, what would you do then? Would you be as confident? As for it not being as bad as G.B. - My arse!! There are not gangs of organised criminals stalking my house every night! It's so easy to have the 'It hasn't happened to me attitude' My advice is to be VERY security conscious, and consider the rising crime rate seriously in your overall decision to move here.

Offline corbindallas

Crime in Ovacik
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2009, 14:55:05 PM »
Perhaps Nigel is referring to the various posts on dog killings and burglaries that have been posted on the first 2 pages of the Ovacik local forum alone, from what I read across the various local boards crime is a issue around the whole of Fethiye area at present (crime always increases during summer months periodicaly), I can't answer for Ovacik but burglaries in the Uzumlu area are a big problem at the mo and meetings with expats the police and local mayor have taken place to try and address the issue, lots of contact with the Governor of Mugla from forum members has highlighted concern of the growth of crime incidents and this has apparently been brought to the local senior police attention as a matter to prioritise and address as expats and locals are fed up with what is happening in this area, I add I have yet to receive a response to my contact with the governor.I can't see whether this has had any positive results yet, but like you Nigel and a lot of others here, I am concerned at the level of crime incidents in this area, especially for my young family's well being in Turkey and I am a ex police inspector with these concerns. Obviously the fear of crime will always be higher than reality but it is still a concern.

Offline Old Daffodil

Crime in Ovacik
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2009, 20:39:51 PM »
The police barracks are in a smart building just as you enter Ovacik and the patrols go out a lot.

I have two dogs and although some poor people had pets poisoned this year it is quite an unusual thing I think. Maybe it was an accident as there is sometimes poison put out for the wild boar I think.

I think a burglar alarm is a good deterrent and we have one fitted which flashes and gives off one hell of a noise if set off.  :) :)

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
Crime in Ovacik
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2009, 21:35:46 PM »
Daffodil, where are the police barracks?
Which end of Ovacik
Paul

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf