Author Topic: Can you help.re dog poisoning  (Read 3722 times)

Offline ovaciksarah

Can you help.re dog poisoning
« on: August 25, 2009, 14:28:53 PM »
Have tlked long and hard with Jackie who,s dog died and Sercan and although we are getting a meeting arranged with Kerametin to talk about the problem we feel enough is enough, and no one will do anything until we go onmass, so we are going to try to arrnage a meeting of all animal owners in Ovacik, Hisaranou and surrounding areas to get together womewhere and then all go together to try and find a solution.  These people need educating to realise what they are doing is wrong and also against the law.  The problem is apathy.
If you all don,t mind, if we can find somewhere and sometime we need all your support.  I am lucky, Aysa is going to live Rain never had a chance. Also it is the whole ecosystrem which suffers, eagles, foxes, cats etc.  Cull the wildboar if need be

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 14:45:24 PM »
Yes you can count us in. We will attend any meeting that is organised.

Offline karenr

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 22:58:35 PM »
If Im in O at the time of the meeing you can count me in  :)

Offline tetmeister

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2009, 07:13:34 AM »
As someone who looked after a staff for three months at the start of the year,and my girlfriend having had dogs for years,i also think some owners need to look at the way they have and are allowing their dogs to bark at all hours too.Have had this discussion on a thread before,but a good dog should bark on approaching strangers,and be able to be told to stop.Most of the first 6 months out here this year was tainted by dogs(english owned) barking at all hours of the morning.Back home,the council would serve notice,and then the dog would be removed.Its tragic whats happening out here,but i think everyone needs to get their shop in order.Our staff was walked on a lead,we took bags for toilet,and she never barked.She bothered no-one.

Offline Old Daffodil

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2009, 11:19:33 AM »
The jandarma told people to take on a dog to warn of burglars trying to break in. Do they work?

Offline tetmeister

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2009, 14:24:50 PM »
I personally think a good alarm system is best,with passives and audible door alarms etc.90 decibels plus unexpectedly in some toe-rags ear tryng to break in should do the trick.Dogs can be poisoned etc,as has been proven.
quote:
Originally posted by Daffodil

The jandarma told people to take on a dog to warn of burglars trying to break in. Do they work?

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2009, 15:08:03 PM »
Quote;

this year was tainted by dogs(english owned) barking at all hours of the morning

So dogs owned by Turks or any other nationality do not bark. I suppose it is the bulldog in the Brits that cause them to bark.

Offline antonia1966

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2009, 15:29:37 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Ovacikpeedoff

Quote;

this year was tainted by dogs(english owned) barking at all hours of the morning

So dogs owned by Turks or any other nationality do not bark. I suppose it is the bulldog in the Brits that cause them to bark.

Lets not take this thread down the wrong road!!  Nothing to do with the bulldog in the brits!!!  All dogs bark!  We are talking from personal experience in around where we live. So it has nothing to do with nationalities. This is all very tragic for the owners of these dogs and something has got to be done on both sides.

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2009, 16:16:33 PM »
I was trying to make the point without being rude that the statement that it is only dogs owned by the English bark at night was totally ridiculous and stupid. Maybe I should have been more blunt. I meant no offence to the people whose dogs have been poisoned.

I was the first to reply to Ovaciksarah's initial comment and I will help to do anything to get this issue highlighted.

Offline antonia1966

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2009, 16:30:25 PM »
Tetmeister here.I never said that there aren't turkish owned dogs that bark out here,but where I live it has been predominately english owned dogs barking at all hours.It wasn't ridiculous and stupid,it was factual and correct.In what way were you going to be more blunt........?
quote:
Originally posted by Ovacikpeedoff

I was trying to make the point without being rude that the statement that it is only dogs owned by the English bark at night was totally ridiculous and stupid. Maybe I should have been more blunt. I meant no offence to the people whose dogs have been poisoned.

I was the first to reply to Ovaciksarah's initial comment and I will help to do anything to get this issue highlighted.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf