Author Topic: Dog s*#t,(poo)  (Read 8537 times)

Offline Old Daffodil

Dog s*#t,(poo)
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2009, 16:04:00 PM »
Good for the roses I understand!!!!!:D

Is it only dogs which are owned by the British which are a risk?? :o

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Dog s*#t,(poo)
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2009, 16:49:25 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by geordieboy

Titmeister

ohhh matron.....

If you feel in need of further research, Brother Pookie has conservation land in South Africa, I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you wished to extend the research to include Elephants..... ;)

Offline brianthegardener

Dog s*#t,(poo)
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2009, 18:04:06 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by stoop

Fact is dog poo is bad and can cause kids to go blind. If your child was affected then maybe  you would think differently.

Citing other animal poo is  not an argument.

well said stoop...argument is lost if as you said stoop citting other animal poo is brought into the argument.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 18:05:03 PM by brianthegardener »

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Dog s*#t,(poo)
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2009, 18:15:12 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by geordieboy

Wait till they let the horses loose,then you'll see some big dumps dotted about the place,bloody hell,can those beasts dump,mountains of it.I bet one of their dumps must be the equivalent of at least 50 dog dumps. In fact Titmeister you,ve given me a project for the coming winter months,I'me going to undertake an in depth survey upon the climatic,environmental differences between horse poo and dog poo.
For instance,does a horse dump contribute more to climate warming than a dog dump,this is a question that needs an answer,and as far as I know has never been answered,but I shall address it to the best of my ability.
So,if anybody round Ovacik in the coming winter months comes across a figure with a sack,shovel,set of scales,thermometer,you'll know its me doing my project.As all serious research projects [ sadly in my case not Government funded]must have a fancy acronym I've decided mine should be PUSS.If anybody is interested in assisting me in PUSS  let me know.
To offset any expenses incurred in my research I shall be selling bags of horse poo at 10 TL a bag,buyer collects. :)

what a waste of energy that will be. you cannot seriously believe that drivel surely?

Offline minxer

Dog s*#t,(poo)
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2009, 22:15:58 PM »
just got in from taking my dog for a poo here in calis, he chose a nice overgrown grassy spot off the road so i didnt feel the need to go and root it out!
geordieboy your post gave me a giggle!! maybe you could include cat poo in the study as there are a million of them here aswell? i think also toxic to people especially pregnant women. :D

Offline Old Daffodil

Dog s*#t,(poo)
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2009, 22:19:30 PM »
Tortoises are carriers of salmonella and ticks!

Offline minxer

Dog s*#t,(poo)
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2009, 22:21:30 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Daffodil

Tortoises are carriers of salmonella and ticks!

this forum is priceless!! really laffin now! ;)

Offline minxer

Dog s*#t,(poo)
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2009, 22:29:23 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by stoop

Fact is dog poo is bad and can cause kids to go blind. If your child was affected then maybe  you would think differently.

Citing other animal poo is  not an argument.

of course citing other animal/human poo is an argument! poo is poo!!! all farely nasty stuff i would say! and thank god not something  i see very often here in calis unless i go looking for it!!  ;)

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Dog s*#t,(poo)
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2009, 22:29:45 PM »
Hang on, the original post was about dog owners standing by while their dog deposits a pile of excrement in a public place and fails to clear up.  Cats and tortoises tend not to be on leads, they roam freely, therefore pretty unrealistic for the owners to be able to clear up after them..  It is hardly the same thing.  You wouldnt be expected to clear up after your dog or tortoise in the UK either.  But in the UK you WOULD be required to clear up after your dog so why not do it here too??

Offline minxer

Dog s*#t,(poo)
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2009, 22:41:57 PM »
common sense really! we dont have a poo problem in calis! just the occasional bad drain smell! its difficult to compare the two countries as there is so much more free walking space/ground here, whereas in the uk most dog owners are confined to maybe 1 park area. and of course the poo inspector along with the breathing of fresh air inspector would be out of a job in uk! we have the freedom here to make sensible choices!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf