Author Topic: Transport into Fethiye late  (Read 3459 times)

Offline brianthegardener

Transport into Fethiye late
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2010, 19:09:22 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by geordieboy

Perhaps you should talk to the chappie who runs Bims and suggest to him that he adopts a more caring attitude towards his staff.

perhaps he, and all other outlets, should employ "local" people.,,that way there is no problem.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2010, 19:12:04 PM »
I have read and left this topic several times now. Sadly, a Turkish person reading this five years ago would have no clue what you were worried about.

Offline Old Daffodil

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2010, 20:02:27 PM »
We never had a supermarket up here five years ago. We had to go to Fethiye for anything like that.I just feel they deserve decent treatment and a fair deal.England is no better where public transport is concerned though is it.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2010, 04:48:02 AM »
Perhaps she should go and work for Migros. They run a bus or hire a taxi every night from Hisaronu to Fethiye for their staff.

Offline geordieboy

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2010, 11:45:27 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Daffodil

We never had a supermarket up here five years ago. We had to go to Fethiye for anything like that.I just feel they deserve decent treatment and a fair deal.England is no better where public transport is concerned though is it.

And therein lies the crux of the problem,the bus service,they're quite happy in the season,up and down the hill,people jammed in like sardines,lots of them standing,against the law.
Why can't they recognise the need during the lean months,take turns,ration it out.
Correct,we did'nt have the larger supermarkets up here,now we have,they making the profits,let them shell a few lira out.
And without being funny pet,you made the comment,what can we do about it,I presume you mean,me and thee,what do you suggest?
Presumably the young lady has a family,boyfriend,husband,surely the onus rests with them.People around me are feeding the wild cats,stray dogs,and its not helping the situation,its compounding it,so,without seeming to be uncaring,do'nt get upset about it,it'll get sorted.

Offline Old Daffodil

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2010, 10:02:11 AM »
Just had an email from a friend of mine who had travelled from the Lake District to a village in Northamptonshire by train after a new year break and it took her over ten hours.Due to snowy weather there were a lot of problems and cancellations.Travel problems are  the same everywhere aren't they!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf