Author Topic: Operation Goat Watch  (Read 6815 times)

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Operation Goat Watch
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2010, 08:07:57 AM »
Linda I totally agree with you but hardly the same. Conditions in those orphanages are nothing short ofbarbaric and inhuman. Before anyone jumps on me I am sympathetic to the plight of animals as well.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Operation Goat Watch
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2010, 08:38:08 AM »
This is a topic about a little goat, if you want to start a debate on orphanages start another topic, there are no paralels to be drawn.

Offline Linda

Operation Goat Watch
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2010, 08:58:03 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by mercury

Linda I totally agree with you but hardly the same. Conditions in those orphanages are nothing short ofbarbaric and inhuman. Before anyone jumps on me I am sympathetic to the plight of animals as well.

A agree Anne the orphanages situation is indeed barbaric and cruel and I think already has a topic of it's own. However, as Tinkerman correctly says this topic is specifically about a little goat and the exploitation of animals in the name of tourisim.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Operation Goat Watch
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2010, 09:53:15 AM »
Not that anyone ever goes off topic on any other item Andy!!. I understand that you feel passionate about animals so I will indeed not post again on this subject. I missed the topic on orphanages before. See u soon x

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Operation Goat Watch
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2010, 09:58:46 AM »
it's nothing to do with passionate about animals, its a topic about looking after a baby goat, we now have people drawing parralels with terrible orphanages in istanbul!
Why not talk about the millions of children dying in Africa if you want to go the whole hog.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Operation Goat Watch
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2010, 07:17:31 AM »
Nichola has asked me to un-lock this topic so she can keep you all up to date as to how it is getting on 8)

Offline sooty

Operation Goat Watch
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2010, 16:56:16 PM »
Just been passed Yalcins at 5.20 p.m. goat still in full sun, piece of rope is not long enough so it can get behind the board to get in the shade the box is there still begging, no water for the goat to drink. I told the chap who was stood there he was being cruel and people wont go into his restaurant he is doing more harm to his busness, he got very nasty, had to hold back my husband he nearly punched him so he hasn't took a blind bit of notice hope it does affect his business, rather have the woman there who used to say Hiya every time you went past.

Offline Andrew H

Operation Goat Watch
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2010, 21:25:54 PM »
That goat was there when we were out in early June, took no notice then so last time he gets any custom from me hope many think the same

Offline Linda

Operation Goat Watch
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2010, 22:17:55 PM »
The goat is definately there in the evenings, I will endeavour to see if it is there during the day. Sooty could you or your husband contact ALO179 as customers or passers by should definately not be threatened by restaurant staff!! This ALO179 hotline has been proved to work!

Offline loulou

« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2010, 12:54:18 PM »
I have not seen the goat in the day time for a couple of weeks now, must have been since Nichola went there, although they now seem to bring it out early evening around 6ish

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf