Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 1962 times)

Offline elizabeth369@btinternet.c

Introduction
« on: July 15, 2011, 22:52:29 PM »
My name is Elizabeth Connor and I am very interested in moving to Turkey in the near future.  I am joining the forum to ask lots of questions and find out if this is the right move for me.  I have a 21 year old son who wants to move out of the family nest and I would like to spend some time or indeed move permanently to this area. I am friendly and easy going but I'm also scared of doing something so big.  My friends are saying no it's a move too far, and although I know this it could be a really good move - I just need to know a bit more about life there.  Thanks in advance for any knowledge you pass my way.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Introduction
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 22:57:53 PM »
Welcome Elizabeth - would you like me to change your username to elizabeth369? It seems like you put your email address as your user name  :)

Offline Mr Pickles

Introduction
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2011, 05:09:15 AM »
Hi Elizabeth, welcome to the forum

I am guessing that you have probably visited Turkey for holidays in the past? And from your posting it sounds like its your son that wants the move?

If you are unsure, but want to see if Turkish life is for you, why not try a long term rental to 'test the water'

You will get plenty of good information and advice from the CBF members (particularly those that have already made such a move)

Good luck with whichever path you decide to take  :)

Ian

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
Introduction
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2011, 06:48:52 AM »
Welcome to CBF Elizabeth. Ian (Mr Pickles) has "hit the nail on the head"  8)

Offline tel

Introduction
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2011, 08:25:07 AM »
Hi,welcome to the forum

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Introduction
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2011, 12:58:50 PM »
hi and a very warm welcome

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Introduction
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2011, 20:02:40 PM »
Hi and a warm welcome to the Forum....do lots of research and this is the place to do it :)

Offline kizkucuk

Introduction
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2011, 09:53:35 AM »
I did it on my own with my cat and have no regrets.  Did a lot of research first and knew the area as I had holidayed here for many years.   I tried coming at different times of the year to see what it was like.  By the time I finally moved the only month I hadn't been here in was September and everyone kept saying how lovely it was.  Winter is very different to summer.  Do your research - ask lots of questions - remember it is practically impossible to work here - and living here is different to holidaying.    Welcome to the forum you are in the right place to get all your questions answered.    :-)

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Introduction
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2011, 10:35:13 AM »
Welcome to the forum Elizabeth - I can only second the good advice already given above - rent first and see the area at different times of the year.

Personally I love the winter months here  :)

Offline Semi

Introduction
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2011, 21:44:20 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by kizkucuk

I did it on my own with my cat and have no regrets.  Did a lot of research first and knew the area as I had holidayed here for many years.   I tried coming at different times of the year to see what it was like.  By the time I finally moved the only month I hadn't been here in was September and everyone kept saying how lovely it was.  Winter is very different to summer.  Do your research - ask lots of questions - remember it is practically impossible to work here - and living here is different to holidaying.    Welcome to the forum you are in the right place to get all your questions answered.    :-)

Kizkucuk, Why do you say "it is practically impossible to work here"? Me & my partner are too - considering giving up everything (which isn't much) to make the move to Calis.... with 2 children. Please advise

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf