Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 1961 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Introduction
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2011, 22:13:32 PM »
Because it is practically impossible for non-nationals to work in Turkey legally. You can run a company (but not work in it?!), you can get a work permit if you have training or qualifications that are of use to Turkey (medical for example) but if you think you might get a bit of bar work or a job selling excursions, then you will eventually find yourselves on a one way excursion - courtesy of the Republic of Turkey.

Sorry but I must say if you and your partner have been considering making the move to Calis and need work for it to be possible, then you haven't put much effort or research into your consideration of it.

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Introduction
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2011, 08:52:12 AM »
Elizabeth - welcome to the forum.   you will find the very best advice here - so just ask away !.    we too would like to move across, but need to see another five years in the uk to a) see my daughter through Uni and b) earn enough money to pay off the mortgage and have a few funds stashed away to support us before pension payments kick in.  I echo what others say about the winter - do take the time to come across and stay at different times of the year - winter is surprisingly cold, but as Nicola says, this is also my favourite time of year.  Its wonderful waking up to crisp cold mornings, but sunshine on the sea and snow on the mountains.  perfect.  Good luck what ever your decision.....I know what I'd do !   Contact Linda (Kayakebab) she also made the decision to move across recently (with her partner) and I don't think she has regretted the decision for a minute.....

Offline scot

• Ayr, Scotland, UK
Introduction
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2011, 12:13:39 PM »
Welcome Elizabeth to the forum and it is nice to see someone else from Ayr.I have a apartment in Fethiye and go twice a year for 4/5 weeks. If you require any information on the area just Pm me.

Bruce

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf