Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 1386 times)

Offline WendyA

Greetings
« on: August 17, 2011, 23:50:02 PM »
Hi - I am Wendy and introducing myself.  Hopefully finalising buying process of a villa in Calis.  Would appreciate some advice as I think there's a lot I need to know!
To start with, would anyone recommend any of the particular management companies?
Also now having to think about the furniture etc.  It has been suggested to me that I go to Ikea, but would obviously want local shops, too.  Any suggestions?  If I do buy flatpack Ikea items, anyone know of someone who will assemble at a reasonable cost?
Any other help  VERY gratefully received...
Thanks!

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Greetings
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 23:57:24 PM »
hi and a warm welcome congrats on your new place in the sun go to the search at the top of the page ,there is lots of info on there.
when we bought we went to eren spot which is run by bekir, a real gent and will not rip you off, he can get you anything you need

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
Greetings
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 17:23:10 PM »
Hi Wendy & congratulations on your purchase

The only way to buy Ikea in Fethiye is to choose from a catalogue at JJs, they make a weekly trip & bring your stuff back. Otherwise you'll need to make the trek to Izmir yourself. No doubt Bayram (or one of his many brothers) would be able to assemble it at reasonable cost. As Puma has already mentioned Eren Spot is where a lot people start, but there is also a large Bellona store & Istikbal, both of which are probably better for upholstered items.

Offline scot

• Ayr, Scotland, UK
Greetings
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 19:02:23 PM »
Welcome to CBF Wendy enjoy.

Bruce

Offline WendyA

Greetings
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2011, 10:39:09 AM »
Thanks for the information.  Been looking into things more - anyone know whether the furniture package offers are worth doing?
Also curtain and blind suppliers?!

Thanks for any advice!

Offline WendyA

Greetings
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2011, 10:45:14 AM »
Oh, and Liz - or anyone else, please can you tell me where JJs is or how (where) to contact Bayram?

Offline kizkucuk

Greetings
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2011, 16:41:56 PM »
Hi wendy you can also order from Ikea in Izmir on line and they will deliver for a reasonable cost.   Curtains - there are lots of shops in the one way system in Fethiye - they will come and measure up and are very reasonably priced.  Furniture packs - everyone I know who has done it has had to sell bits that they didn't need.  Eren spot is a good place to start - Ankara Mobilya on the top road where the domluses go from Fethiye to Calis also I got some stuff in a shop caled Susler Hali - it was th ebig one on the left as you walk back towards Migros from Fethiye they advertise Beko and Arcelik white goods as well but were cheap for dining tables and furniture too.   Oh and PS - welcome ot the forum and Calis  :-)

Offline WendyA

Greetings
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2011, 18:47:16 PM »
Thank you very much for the information, Sandy, that's really useful.  We only have 3 full days in Turkey after I hope to get the tapu, so need to be very  organised!  Very good of you to offer the information, should make it all a bit quicker!!
Thanks again, Wendy

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf