Author Topic: Visiting Calis in July/August 2005  (Read 1116 times)

Offline Cass

Visiting Calis in July/August 2005
« on: March 13, 2005, 22:20:59 PM »
Hi everyone.  Me [Cass], my wife Margaret and our 14 year old daughter Louise will be visiting Calis during the summer school holidays.  Have just spent the last hour, it's a boring Sunday night, trawling this excellent website.  It's much better than a travel brochure and am already looking forward to eating out at some of the restaurants that other members have been kind enough to review.

Offline valentine

• Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2005, 22:25:32 PM »
Hi Cass, Have you been to Turkey before? Have a wonderful time finding lots of places to visit in a beautiful country. The restaurants will not let you down, Turkish cuisine is brilliant. Have a good time on the forum.

Val

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2005, 22:42:22 PM »
Hi Cass
Welcome to the forum.
We also have a 14 year old daughter and will be in Calis July 11th for 14 days so if your around you'll find us at the Bus Stop bar for the Wednesday night meets or in the Scarlett bar. Maybe the girls can keep each other company.
Where are you staying?
Anne

Offline Cass

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2005, 23:24:44 PM »
Hi Anne,

We'll be staying at the Calis Apartments.  I'm sure that Louise would love to meet up with your daughter - she's at an age where she much prefers the company of her own age group rather than uncool Mum and Dad.  Is there much to do in Calis for girls of our daughters age?  I know we will definitely be visiting the water park.

Cass

Offline Cass

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2005, 23:32:41 PM »
Hi Valentine,

It will be our first visit to Turkey.  We've heard a lot about it - all good, so have wanted to visit for years.  Our only real worry is that it will be too hot for us - both my daughter and me are fair skinned.  I suppose it will have to be our usual sun factor 50 during the day.  Due to this we're not really sunbathers but love the warms nights sitting outside a bar or restaurant.  
We haven't really had an opportunity to sample much of Turkish cuisine other than kebabs but I know that they have much more to offer than that.

Cass

Offline kanga

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2005, 23:37:24 PM »
hi ,have a great holiday see you in the summer,just a thought what about using a sunbed to adjust the skin ,ready for your hols.       oh and welcome to the forum

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf