Author Topic: Hello  (Read 1487 times)

Offline Kirsty26

Hello
« on: September 21, 2011, 12:18:30 PM »
Hi

My name is Kirsty and I currently reside in the UK, after visiting Calis on 5 occasions, I have fallen in love with the place and decided that I would like to move there.
Please can anyone offer me any advice and information regarding how I go about making my dream come true.
I have guven it a lot of thught about what I will be leaving and the fact that I don't really know anyone there but I cant get the idea out of my head.
Many thanks for any help you can offer.  :)

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
Hello
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 12:33:28 PM »
I don't wish to be the harbinger of doom, but if you need to keep working to make it happen, it is not going to be an easy ride. It's very difficult to find any legal work & the consequences of working illegally are at worst deportation on the first flight out & no reentry for 5 years.

If you don't need to work, fair enough, but give renting a go for a few months during the winter, when things are very different

Offline ribeye100

Hello
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 13:33:07 PM »
Hello Kirsty

Welcome to the Forum, this is a great source of info for your ideas to moving.

We are in the throws of getting ready to move to Calis in the next few weeks and if there is any help I can give you I will, I don't however know all there is to know but will pass on any information I can.
Please email me via my profile and will help all I can.

Mark

Offline scot

• Ayr, Scotland, UK
Hello
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 15:02:53 PM »
Welcome to CBF Kirsty.

Bruce

Offline tel

Hello
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2011, 15:11:52 PM »
Hi Kirsty, welcome to the forum

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
Hello
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2011, 15:27:42 PM »
Welcome.

Like Liz said, if you need to work then don't think Calis will be easy, obtaining a work permit is harder than visiting the Queen at Buck Palace!

If you're financially able to enjoy Calis without working then rent for a year, that way you'll see it in all seasons, vitally important as winter is very different from summer & there are lots who don't like the cold thinking it's 30c all year round!

At the end of May 2012 I'll have spent 8 months doing exactly what you are trying to do so will be able to offer much more help, til then I'm sure many others on here will offer their advice & the level of knowledge on the forum is 2nd to none!

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Hello
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2011, 22:05:29 PM »
hi and a warm welcome hope you achieve your dream to live in calis

Offline kizkucuk

Hello
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2011, 09:26:47 AM »
Welcome to the forum - I agree that working is nearly impossible - renting for a year is a great idea - I think Winter is great - you will make friends here it's a lovely friendly community and people are really helpful too - one of the things that surprised me is the number of people who I considered really close friends that promised to be regular visitors who haven't been once in the 2 years I have lived here.   I've spoken to other people who have said the same too - so be prepared to not see 50% of your UK friends unless you make the effort to go back and visit. Check with the Department for Work and Pensions for a Pension forecast too - if you haven't paid 30 years you will not get a full UK pension unless you continue to contribute once you are here.   There are lots of threads under the moving to Turkey heading which will give you lots of helpful advice and suggestions :-)

Offline Kirsty26

Hello
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2011, 12:40:37 PM »
Thank you all so much for replying to my post, it is very much appreciated.
Im so glad the Calis Forum was recommended to me. x

Offline heatherhanum

Hello
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2011, 09:11:21 AM »
Hi Kirsty and welcome to the forum. You will find all the information right here. You just need to ask the members as they have such knowledge and personal experience. I too have the same dream of moving to Calis. This has been my dream since my first visit 16 years ago and I am still working towards it. However long it takes you to get there I wish you all the very best of luck and I hope all your dreams come true x

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf