Author Topic: New Member  (Read 2815 times)

Offline heatheric

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2005, 15:35:07 PM »
hello everyone - I'm introducing me (Heather) and my husband (Eric) - we bought some footings and a plan (!) in May which we hope will be ready for early next year.  We're visiting in October to look at furniture and fittings and so on so we can do the furnishings from UK.  Just really excited about having our own place in the sun (though not the hottest months) that we can visit at any time.  Both in our 50's (me only just) so work becoming less of a pressure and leisure time becoming more important.

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2005, 18:07:40 PM »
Hi Heather and Rick
Welcome to the forum.
Where abouts in Calis did you buy your plan then? lol
Anne

Offline Big Lew

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2005, 18:21:00 PM »
Hi Elsa
Welcome to the Forum.  Good to have another Padfield on here.  Not too many of us around!

We, too, have bought and are planning to make a trip in October to furnish our place.  Hope our furniture orders don't get mixed up.  Unless, of course, the stuff you're ordering is better than the stuff I'm ordering!

Offline Yetkin

• Snapper
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2005, 10:45:45 AM »
Hi Elsa
Welcome to the forum

Offline raff

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2005, 13:08:16 PM »
Hi Elsa , Heather & Eric,
Congratulations on aquiring your places in the sun. We bought our apartment last year and have spent the last few visits shopping for household items, sorting out the water bills and other exciting things like signing up for council tax!! When we go next time - (2 weeks and 3 days)we intend to have a holiday!

Offline Elsa Padfield

• Minehead, UK
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2005, 13:37:48 PM »
How do we sign up for coucil tax and how soon do we need to do that?  what about the electricity and water etc?  HELP!!

Offline kim

• Harefield, Middlesex, UK
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2005, 19:26:45 PM »
Hi Elsa, we have paid our tax the last 2 yrs ,cannot pronounce the name of the building,but its directly behind Gima super market.It varies what price you pay depends where ,and what value your house is.Hope that helps .kim

Offline doll

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2005, 11:25:34 AM »
elsa
if you brought a new house the builder or estate agent could help you out,
are all properties on the site finished?
have you recieved your tapu yet?if not there may be a longer delay as goverment starts back to work and new policies being worked out.
you do pay the house tax at the beledisie behind gima(also the water bill here)
this is usually in may(i think)once a year
as said before your estate agent can help you to do all of these things,dont worry.

Offline Elsa Padfield

• Minehead, UK
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2005, 12:58:43 PM »
No we haven't received our Tapu yet. We hope to set everything up to be paid by direct debit if poss. And yes, the estate agent will help (I hope).

Offline pompeyboy

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2005, 21:02:15 PM »
hi elsa

we too have just signed contracts on a villa in calis, rose villas, we came over for two weeks in August, but fell in love with the place and atmosphere. we bought as an "investment" but have not thought about anything else since we have been back and now plan to move out there when the children and able to fend for themselves back home, they are 14 and 11 at the moment, so we have a few years yet left in Boring Britain, we too are hoping to get out in October, to partly furnish our property, and have found the Forum brilliant in hints and tips.  i am sure neither of us will regret our decision it feels that we have got another lease of life and i am sure our friendship circle has grown, since word has got about that we now own a villa

good luck to you and your family

mark and debbie warren  8)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf