Author Topic: Watch Out for HSBC  (Read 1792 times)

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Watch Out for HSBC
« on: May 14, 2009, 05:58:44 AM »
I recently had occasion to transfer a sum of money via internet banking from HSBC to my Turkish Bank account at another bank. I was charged £15 for doing this.....no problem. However I subsequently had £50.47 debited from my account by HSBC which on querying it was told it was the overseas bank's charge.  Naturally I went back to the Turkish Bank quite prepared to close the account on the spot.  Surprise Surprise they told me they had not made a charge and even showed me the computer transaction which showed Charges YTL 0.00!!!! Back to HSBC internet banking who after six emails each one from a different person could or would not give an explanation. The last one in April was "dealing with the matter at the moment"
So on to Complaints Dept (IN THE UK)who sent me a letter explaining what the £15 charge was for!!!!! After five emails ....wait for this they said for security reasons they could not answer by email and they should have sent the info by Internet Banking messages but would do it again. Needless to say it has never happened BUT in the meantime this "Overseas Bank Charge" was mysteriously credited back into my account. Since emailing them suggesting I might get more sense from the Post Office in Balamory they have chosen to ignore me.
Moral of the story check with your bank if they have supposedly charged to put your money into your account.:(:-\

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
Watch Out for HSBC
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 06:59:22 AM »
Brian - good post - I suspect they thought you were going to "leave it" - mis judgement there then!!!!!

See you both soon for that walk from Fethiye to Calis (Gill is on the running machine in the cellar (7am) training for it as we speak!!)  :)

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Watch Out for HSBC
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 07:46:26 AM »
Tribalelder - we had exactly the same experience with Abbey a couple of months ago.  We paid a £25 transfer charge - which we were expecting, fine.  Sterling account UK to sterling account Fethiye (Yapi), when the funds arrived they were £40 short......reason - no one could tell us.  It appears that Yapi tell Abbey to route via Barclays (why ?) and the charge was from Barclays.   We write to barclays - after two months we have a letter saying, they don't know why the charge was taken, but made no effort to reimburse us.  [xx(]

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Watch Out for HSBC
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 08:12:47 AM »
Ian........I hope you have not nicked the hamster's wheel again:D

Offline miaspyro

Watch Out for HSBC
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 10:54:58 AM »
what do you expect! someone has to pay the failures who run the banks bonuses this year.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf