Author Topic: withdrawing money ?  (Read 5667 times)

Offline patch

Re: withdrawing money ?
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2014, 17:38:19 PM »
we are both with finans , but the only dates i can go arent  on the date when interest is paid , so  would have to mess about closing and opening account and would also loose the months interest , so if its only 30 ytl for the transfer , that may be best option . thanks

Offline Hamlet

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2014, 09:14:16 AM »
If it's only 30tl then do it that way.

A couple of years ago TEB were going to charge me over 200tl to make a transfer to ING.

Needless to say, I declined and withdrew the cash. 8)

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2014, 17:11:45 PM »
If you set up a wire transfer (on your interest due date) with Finans there is no charge to transfer your money online assuming you have internet banking. The amount will be in the other account with Finans within minutes.

I regularly make payments to "other banks" with Finans and there is no charge for this either, also there within minutes.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2014, 17:14:32 PM »
PS if your interest due date falls on a weekend or a Turkish bank holiday then your interest day is the first working day after the weekend.

Also unlike UK banks, wire transfer transactions have to be done during banking hours.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2014, 18:02:24 PM »
If you set up a wire transfer (on your interest due date) with Finans there is no charge to transfer your money online assuming you have internet banking.

You're totally correct.  The 30tl I quoted was for a SWIFT (as opposed to a wire) transfer - which is still a bargain compared to how much UK banks charge for them!

JF

Offline patch

« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2014, 18:26:41 PM »
thanks for that , i have internet banking , would it be easy to set up a wire transfer on the finans site , what details would i need off the builder to be able to send the money on the due date . thanks

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2014, 21:54:30 PM »
Yep, very easy, you just need the builders bank name, branch sort code and bank account number.

The builders name as on their account and the amount due.

At Finans there is an automated system when setting up the transfer taking you through the process, so you choose the city (Muğla for here) then Fethiye if that is where the branch is and then the system will give you the sort code.

You get the option to save the name and details for future use which is handy.

Offline patch

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2014, 21:57:22 PM »
thanks very much for your help Nichola , i have looked on finans and think i can do it , just one question to make the wire transfer , do i use the " new money transfer standing order " ? as thats the only option i can see to send money . There is nothing saying wire transfer . and will the amount only be taken out once as sometimes when you set a standing order up in the uk , it comes out every month . thanks
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 22:36:37 PM by patch »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf