Author Topic: New Vodafone Tariff  (Read 6183 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: New Vodafone Tariff
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2020, 20:54:32 PM »
What price do you pay now Steve?

Offline steveb1

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2020, 20:58:22 PM »
£37 a month

Offline steveb1

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2020, 20:59:57 PM »
They are really going to be out of pocket if you got a new iPhone 11 within the last couple of months

Offline phil5257

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2020, 14:45:38 PM »
I have just taken two year deal with them with roaming in Turkey. Rang them up they offered me a free upgrade to deal that includes a Turkey. £15 for first 6 months £30 for next 18. I am currently paying £12 per month (sim only) . Not sure how it is called free upgrade! Cancelled contract.

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2020, 15:12:35 PM »
I was involved in the original fiasco of the same thing, there is a thread on here about it.

I pay £15pcm for the Red10 pack, my phone has been used in Turkey. Zenas phone is a 2nd line at £12.50 for the same tariff, her phone not yet used in Turkey as we changed over from EE in December last year. Also have home broadband, all payable with 1 DD on the same account.

I waited 2.5hrs on hold yesterday to get a definitive answer after receiving the email.

My options; for my phone I can choose a new tariff at £30pcm on a 24m contract, 1st 6 months discounted to £15.

Zenas phone not subject to the 6m discount so straight from £12.50 to £30.

No alteration to the broadband.

I can cancel my phone under the previous usage clause with no penalty. If I cancel Zenas I'll have to pay the remainder of the contract so another 20 months!

Proper messy situation & not worth the grief for 2w in Calis, I'll either pay the £6 per day when necessary or switch the phone off except for the camera then as soon as I can I'll move away from Vodafone.

Last option is to get new sims & broadband elsewhere, cancel the DD & let them take me to court. I'm no rebel but I doubt that they would do that & am probably willing to take the risk, going to mull it over for a few days...

Offline andyfitz

• Newly Registered
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2020, 15:31:09 PM »
I have just taken two year deal with them with roaming in Turkey. Rang them up they offered me a free upgrade to deal that includes a Turkey. £15 for first 6 months £30 for next 18. I am currently paying £12 per month (sim only) . Not sure how it is called free upgrade! Cancelled contract.
Yes , I had the same conversation with them,  you get with that unlimited calls texts and data whilst in the UK and 24gb of data whilst roaming. Its a 2 year sim only contract. I pay £23 per month so it works out an extra £78 over 2 years for me. As much as it annoys me   it's still the cheapest option.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2020, 21:38:18 PM »
What is the latest opinion?
I'm looking for a new UK contract with Turkey included hopefully without spending a fortune.
need about 5 gb I think

thanks

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2020, 15:32:51 PM »
I think the only one left now is Vodafone Max which includes 81 countries rather than the standard 51. It isn’t cheap though, £37 a month I think, on a 24 month contract...

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2020, 18:13:18 PM »
£37 a month is not happening it will be cheaper to pay the high prices for what little use I will give it in Turkey. Just fancied being able to use the data more than anything.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2020, 19:54:51 PM »
Couldn't you buy a data card in Turkey that you could use while there ?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf