Author Topic: Vinn wifi  (Read 37537 times)

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
Re: Vinn wifi
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2014, 15:18:27 PM »
Ah - got it - thanks - that does make sense as we often want to use the tablets but have to fire up the netbook. Will it use my GB allowance though if it is on continuously and not being used as I have noticed when I leave the dongle on - the annoying scrolling text etc do use some but not sure how much.

Plus when I fire up VINN to connect - I have to use a password - so I suspect I will have to get around that???

Either way at £11 as I said - it is now worth a punt next time we are in the UK I will pick one up and report back   :)

Offline pauline

« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2014, 15:20:05 PM »
Thank you so much for all the info of this. Just bought one its great and so quick!! Can you help with couple of questions pls (instructions in Turkish, mine not up to it!!). What does it mean if the battery icon is flashing green all the time?  Also is there any way I can check how much data Gb I have left.

Excellent piece of kit and lady in shop very helpful.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2014, 17:22:06 PM »
The new ones are in colour, mine is old and in black and white, the battery flashing is either needing charge or charged, when charging it is same as a phone the battery bar goes up and down.
to access the info you need re the data used etc.  In your browser window type 192.168.1.1  (whilst your mifi is switched on) this will take you to the login screen type admin and password admin choose English. 

This is the YouTube video instructions, the best one that I could find, it is for 3store but exactly the same as Tukrcell (Get past openingoif the box, that bit is for Highlander   ;)  ) the screen maybe a little different but I am sure you will be able to geet the gist of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtoVjsobkP0

Offline pauline

« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2014, 09:58:04 AM »
Thank you Loz, very much appreciate your info and the Utube video is very helpful too.  So many nice people on this forum.  Thanks again.

Offline heatheric

« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2014, 15:53:28 PM »
Thank you so much for all this advice. We went into Fethiye this morning and bought our VINN (250 TL), SIM card (35tl) and 4GB data for one month (39 tl). We've been catching up with friends here and at home and listening to radio 4 and radio Cambridgeshire! Just acouple of questions if you can help please - how do we keep a check on our data usage and battery charge? Should we keep it plugged into the charger whilst in use? Isn't modern technology fab!
 :D

Offline King Frat

Vinn wifi
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2014, 16:06:41 PM »
I have one and leave it plugged into the charger when in the apartment.  Unplug and chuck it in the wife's handbag when we go out.  You only use data when you use an app on your tablet or phone etc. that uses data.  Simple as that.  It's a great, convenient bIt of kit.  The only downside is that we keep getting calls from our 'adult' daughters in the UK on FaceTime asking where their clean clothes are

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2014, 14:40:41 PM »
[quote author=Ian link=topic=54711.msg361694#msg361694 date=1398

Either way at £11 as I said - it is now worth a punt next time we are in the UK I will pick one up and report back    :)
[/quote]
Ian save your 11 quid i brought one over and it didn't work.
I went to theTurkcell shop by the otogar and bought the mifi for 125tl. (1st guy told me 125 then a lady in shop got involved and told me 150tl. I looked at the first guy and said he told me 125 she said ok no problem). Maybe i wqs just lucky at 125 but it is so easy to use. It was a pain having to get my laptop switched on. To run spotify so the kids could connect to it. I just leave this on all the time. Great recommendation by Loz.

Offline Ian

• Prolific Member
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2014, 16:25:19 PM »
Many, many thanks for the heads up - I had actually sent a link to ebay to one of my children to say "this is what I want for Fathers Day" - all my 4 children get an e-mail from me with plenty of notice before Birthdays/Xmas/Father's Day and occasionally I let 2 of them "club together" which makes it more exciting for them - but a corrective email has now been dispatched - thanks again :-)

Offline Ian

• Prolific Member
« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2014, 18:15:06 PM »
Well at 125 lira I decided you can't all be wrong so I trundled off to the Otogar and bought one - put my existing SIM in and had it working and changed "key" to something easier to remember quite easily after the advice from Loz on logging in via 192.168.1.1

So quite happy so far and waiting to see if leaving it on during the evening so we can check CBF / Others is going to use data by just being "on"?

If it doesn't then it is much easier than powering up the netbook or leaving it on and I think my netbook will last a year or two longer if it is not continually being "booted up"

Many thanks Bewva &  particularly :-)

Offline DANKY

• Never red
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2014, 10:11:43 AM »
Hi I have bought one of these very good but how do I check my data usage thou do I need to do it with laptop which I never brought with me or is there another way please

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf