Author Topic: Fethiye to Ayia Napa  (Read 2608 times)

Offline Somerset Simon

Fethiye to Ayia Napa
« on: April 11, 2014, 16:19:18 PM »
Can anyone share their experience, my son is planning to travel from Fethiye to Ayia Napa in September for a wedding and I am struggling to get information regarding Lefkosa airport and the cross into "South Cyprus" and travel to Ayai Napa.

Direct Flights from Antalya to Lefkosa are daily and start at £20 with PGS, but has anyone travelled across the border by public transport or hire car (is it possible to take a turkish hire car across the border?) and some tips would be really useful.

He will probably fly back to UK direct from Larnaca so public transport would be probably best to save returning car.

Thanks Simon

Offline lissa

Re: Fethiye to Ayia Napa
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 17:22:49 PM »
Might be better to get a transfer from Ercan airport to the south. As far as I am aware there is no public transport between the north and south of Cyprus. And think not possible to take a hire car from north to south. A travel agency based in Kyrenia is  Unique Cyprus Travel, contact number is (009)0392 815 5743, they can answer your questions on this and arrange a transfer if you wish.

Offline Marggie

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 17:41:30 PM »
I believe from some friends of ours who have travelled to southern Cyprus that you get a taxi from the airport to the border, walk across the border and then get public transport to the south.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 18:36:28 PM »
Recently, on another forum, someone (who I think lived in Northern Cyprus) recommended the best way to holiday in TRNC from the UK was to fly to Larnaca and then take taxi to Kyrenia (or elsewhere in North I guess). I remember being surprised that the fare mentioned was £45/50 which is pretty good. If so it seems taxi South-North is possible and, I presume, return journey.

Offline grahamturner09

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2014, 18:53:05 PM »
Lefkosa airport is Nicosia and has been shut since the war Ayia Napa is not far from Famagusta so flight to Ercan taxi to Famagusta cross border and taxi to Ayia Napa

Offline Somerset Simon

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2014, 20:35:25 PM »
Thanks graham, PGS fly at least once a day from Antayla to "Lefkosa" although when I looked I could only find Ercan airport to the west.

Offline Somerset Simon

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2014, 21:14:44 PM »
Thanks Coleyn, found a taxi from Ercan airport to Ayia Napa for £75, so with flights £20 each it's a lot lower cost than flying indirectly to Larnaca! For info it is Ercantaxi,com

Offline grahamturner09

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2014, 08:49:20 AM »
Lefkosa is the Turkish name for Nicosia PGS probably call Ercan Lefkosa airport the same as in the UK they call Stanstead London when in reality it is nowhere near London

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2014, 12:49:02 PM »
a colleague of mine regularly goes to Northern cyprus and flies into Larnaca and then gets a taxi from the North to collect them so presume it works in reverse.

Offline Somerset Simon

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2014, 13:33:36 PM »
Thanks to everyone who replied, interesting how flights back from Larnaca to UK are significantly lower than Dalaman in late September.
All booked, £60 each out to DLM with TC, then after 2 weeks £21 each from Antalya to Ercan, £75 taxi from Ercan to Ayia Napa and £85 each back to UK with 2 hour stop in Athens.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf