Author Topic: Renewing residency query  (Read 2591 times)

Offline raff

Renewing residency query
« on: November 09, 2012, 08:13:12 AM »
Our residency is due for renewal at the start of September  next year and from what we can gather we need to apply for renewal 15 days before it expires. Which would mean that we would have to be here in August (which we try to avoid!) Does anyone know if it would cause any major problems if we just let them expire and come back to Turkey later in September using a £10 visa and then start the renewal process?

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Re: Renewing residency query
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 08:21:05 AM »
Not a major problem thats how we did ours last year.  ;)

Offline raff

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 06:37:46 AM »
Thanks for that - its much appreciated. I will get on to looking for September flights now.

Offline katielouise88

• Newly Registered
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2012, 20:54:09 PM »

As tinkerman said, this is fine. This is exactly what my boyfriend did this year.

Offline BM06

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2012, 23:24:41 PM »
Our residency is due for renewal at the start of September  next year and from what we can gather we need to apply for renewal 15 days before it expires. Which would mean that we would have to be here in August (which we try to avoid!) Does anyone know if it would cause any major problems if we just let them expire and come back to Turkey later in September using a £10 visa and then start the renewal process?
Not sure 100 per cent, but when I last looked at my wifes some years ago you had 15 days after it run out to re apply, check your blue book I am sure its in there somewhere.

Offline raff

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2012, 06:43:56 AM »
You are right BM06 - I have just looked at the residency book and page 23 says you should apply to renew it "within 15 days following the expiration". So that being the case we would have to be back in Turkey before it expires on 4th September in any event. I think we will just let them lapse - I have found one way flights on 30th September from Stansted for £55.49 and we will just have to queue for our £10 visa when we land!

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2012, 06:55:48 AM »
We let ours lapse because we out of the country at the time then came back on a visa and renewed 3 months later  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf