Author Topic: Whoop!  (Read 16471 times)

Offline Menthol

Re: Whoop!
« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2013, 16:20:21 PM »
Nothing is as it seems wordbird...bang goes my sale..after going around the house for over n hour
Estate agent phoned said he needs to talk to his mortgage advisor re our loft...tut..so going from negotiating with me giving him all...should he return he,s getting jack..and i want full askin price.
Onwards and upwards..

Oh dear  :(   

So sorry to hear that Bernie. Keep positive - it wont take long. You see.

Offline WordBird

• What's the worst that could happen?
« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2013, 16:40:55 PM »
Oh no - so sorry  :(
Fingers crossed for you.

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2013, 17:23:13 PM »
This is just one small set-back to your move, its a good thing to find out this early what your buyer is like, could well have been weeks down the line, after you have spent money on legal fees etc. that they came back to you to drop the price!!  We are on tenterhooks, waiting for a date for exchange of contracts, and whats holding it up?? The plumber who serviced the boiler has not given me the proof he has done it, despite numerous calls and texts!! Until you have exchanged contracts even the small details can cause hold-ups, Hang on in there and be patient. regards Sheila :'(

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2013, 17:53:33 PM »
 : :)Thanks guys..I need not take this strangenpeople seriously..wait till the inks dry on the contracts.
 ??? : :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2013, 18:49:22 PM »
You need to remember that any offer is positive - even if they can't stand by it, or they aren't in a position to progress yet - be worried if you get viewings and no offers at all! I'd say it all sounds pretty good so far.

Often you will get interest of a general or premature nature, then someone with cash on the hip comes in from nowhere and blows them all out of the water. I suspect that might be what is ahead for you.

Offline ArtyMar

• Make Art not War
« Reply #55 on: August 16, 2013, 18:55:32 PM »
You'll end up with a better offer in the end - take heart!

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2013, 21:12:59 PM »
  :)Ooh lets hope so..

I,m selling this as a one bedroom house. There is a loft room, with velux window, second staircase..I didn,t get building regs for it. If I get too near next April, I will pay £720 for retrospective regs, sell it as a 2 bed and put 10 grand on the asking price..and play the waiting game...I got someone to work out square footage of ours and the next 2 bed house up, in the village, we had about 78 feet more and a bigger garden...so hopefully it will be as you suggest someone will come along and snap it up.

:)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #57 on: August 16, 2013, 21:19:45 PM »
£720 can get you 10k more? And you are waiting...?!!

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #58 on: August 16, 2013, 21:36:11 PM »
slikmrs - please believe that I do not wish to be negative but.....

My firm does a lot of residential valuation work, albeit in Scotland, and it maybe different in England but it's possible that there is a section "Have all consents been obtained for alterations". If the answer to that is no then there may be a problem in a prospective buyer obtaining fiance.

I will be delighted if someone on the Forum knows that not to be the case.

Hope you find a buyer   :)

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #59 on: August 16, 2013, 21:42:20 PM »
I know, thought it would be the thing that pulled in buyers, extra room n all that, as a bit of a suprise and get a quick sale,the way the market is. To be fair, I only phoned building control/planning today,who said about retrospective permission. So I am thinking it will go around the same price as other 2 beds in the village if we go that route. It,s on Right move, £104.950, so someone could get a bargain.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf