Author Topic: Quiz Night - Against All Odds  (Read 1882 times)

Offline CleopatrasAsp

• Irish by birth, Geordie by marriage!
Quiz Night - Against All Odds
« on: June 23, 2017, 02:00:29 AM »
Not a.happy bunny tonight ...the Animal Aid Quiz at the Nil was very nearly ruined by neighbouring bar Laika's insistance on allowing their live band to perform at their loudest before an audience of around 10 people!!!! They were asked (politely) to lower the volume while we completed our music round (20 minutes at most) which they declined to do, so that left us with two choices - call a halt to the quiz or ramp up the volume. Our quiz teams wanted to continue, so we upped the decibel level but played the music tracks for a lot less time.
Not an ideal situation, but for the sake of 20/30 minutes this unpleasantness could have been avoided. The Thursday night quiz at the Nil is a very big money spinner for Animal Aid, particularly during the summer months when we are lucky to have tourist support.
Lots of competition on Calis prom, the last thing a new enterprise needs is get people's backs up from the get go. I'm certainly in no hurry to spend money at the Laika bespite glowing reports on this forum, given their attitude towards a charitable venture.
ps....we did raise a magnificent 550 lira on the raffle...I hope folks will not be put off by tonight's ear-splitting last round and will continue to support us. We need every lira you can manage

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf