Author Topic: Swapping ebooks  (Read 15279 times)

Offline SteveJ

Swapping ebooks
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2011, 09:16:49 AM »
Hi Ian,

Thanks for taking the trouble to post. I'm pleased that now we know the process works. It's about to get even easier because thanks to a suggestion from Loz I've arranged with Keith to store the catalogue on the CBF server and Keith will post a link to it so that you can go directly to it from CBF without having to email me for a copy. The catalogue now stands at 8,000 ebooks and rising.

To get your own ebooks added to the catalogue simply email me a list, either in the email if it's a short list (<100) or in an attached file if it's a big'un. Each book should be listed in the format......

Author Surname, Author first name(s) or initials, title,genre.

For example : Pratchett, Terry, Going Postal, Fantasy

Genre is useful because peple will then be able to filter the cataloue on their particular preference be that Science Fiction, Biography, Romance etc. If you don't know the genre just leave this blank and we can get these added over time.

Regards,  SteveJ

Offline SteveJ

Swapping ebooks
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2011, 09:28:29 AM »
I forgot to add, it doesn't matter if you've got a one ebook or thousands, you can send me the details. You never know, yours may just be the ebook that someone else has been searching for.  :)

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
Swapping ebooks
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2011, 12:49:09 PM »
I like the Genre for Bill Clintons Autobiography "My Life" Fiction Action and adventure!

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
Swapping ebooks
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2011, 12:57:23 PM »
and on the same note Barack Obama "The Audacity of Hope: Thoughts on Reclaiming the American Dream" under Fiction, General, Fiction
:D

Offline SteveJ

Swapping ebooks
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2011, 13:40:25 PM »
GB - the genre gets put on automatically when the books are catalogued by Calibre and it gets the genre tag from the file.

Most of the ebooks belonging to HappyMonday are tagged as "Sci-Fi, Fantasy" because that was the name of the file that he sent to me.

I'll correct as many as I can but with 8,000 to go at it might take some time (years?) to get the whole catalogue in tip top shape.

Offline SteveJ

Swapping ebooks
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2011, 21:47:31 PM »
Has anyone tried the link to the ebook catalogue that Keith has put on? Did it work ok?

Offline SteveJ

Swapping ebooks
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2011, 12:07:30 PM »
There's also a .pdf version of the catalogue for Mac users and those who don't have EXCEL. Email me via my profile if you want a copy.

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
Swapping ebooks
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2011, 21:44:21 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by SteveJ

GB - the genre gets put on automatically when the books are catalogued by Calibre and it gets the genre tag from the file.

Most of the ebooks belonging to HappyMonday are tagged as "Sci-Fi, Fantasy" because that was the name of the file that he sent to me.

I'll correct as many as I can but with 8,000 to go at it might take some time (years?) to get the whole catalogue in tip top shape.

It just made me laugh that both titles came under fiction 8)

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
Swapping ebooks
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2011, 19:34:02 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by SteveJ

Has anyone tried the link to the ebook catalogue that Keith has put on? Did it work ok?

Where is the link - did I miss it????  8)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Swapping ebooks
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2011, 19:55:36 PM »
If you look in the forum list, the one below this one (General Topics - Books) is now a direct link to the file. It would make sense to put the link in here too, so here it is: http://www.calisvilla.co.uk/EbookLibrary.xls

Click that and the download should start.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf