Author Topic: English phone  (Read 2053 times)

Offline Gilly1

• Gillian Grundy
English phone
« on: August 14, 2015, 11:29:26 AM »
Hi I intended buying a new turkish phone when I am next over as my old outdated turkish nokia has finally died. I have a perfectly good i phone here  just sitting in a drawer . Would it be worth bringing it over and registering it. Can anyone  please tell me how much it now costs. I dont have residency yet but my friend does and she is willing to do it for me.?

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Re: English phone
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2015, 19:56:31 PM »
Really not worth going to the expense of taxing and registering the phone now... It is now 120TL for the tax office and 30 tl at Turcell.. You can buy an cheap mobile phone in Turkey for the same price..

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: English phone
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2015, 20:20:49 PM »
Just what we did, just bought a Turkish mobile in the Turcell Shop.
This makes me laugh, my daughter's Father in Law went into a shop in the U.K and asked for a phone, well just a phone, he did not want the internet or messaging, just a phone that he could make calls and receive calls.
He was told there was no such thing...  We told him he needs to come to Turkey as they have just the phone for him... We have it and we love it. 
Basic story, buy a cheap Turkish mobile, no headaches in the long run.  if you have a maintenance company, leave it with them to look after for you.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf