Author Topic: P'd off  (Read 1821 times)

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
P'd off
« on: January 14, 2010, 23:10:56 PM »
I get miffed when I log on, scroll down and see how many members are logged on and then only one or two make posts. We have loads of "lurkers" on here. One forum I am a member of kicks you out if you don't make a post within a 4 week period unless Admin are advised of a reason you are unable to post. There are loads of logged on members whom I have never/rarely seen make a post.
Rant over!
:-\

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
P'd off
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 23:20:40 PM »
Like I know most of the main posters, I also know many of the rare or non-contributors. They tell me they enjoy CBF as much as you or I (well they didn't mention you specifically lol) so why would we kick them out? I have no idea why this would make you rant!

There are talkers and listeners in life; if we make it compulsory that everyone had to post once every 4 weeks or whatever, people will post any old rubbish.

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
P'd off
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 00:31:02 AM »
But Scunner they must have joined for a reason. Surely they have something to contribute to the forum. Come on you lot, get posting and give us your patter!!! You know who you are :D

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
P'd off
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 00:38:18 AM »
Not all areas are open to all, you need to be a member to view some. That might be why non-contributors join. Or maybe they like to be a silent partner of CBF :D

To bore you a little with stats, well over half of CBF members have made a contribution or contributions. That is pretty respectable for a forum. I agree it would be nice if more people were to contribute more but it's entirely their choice  :)

Offline incir

P'd off
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2010, 10:30:10 AM »
I would love to contribute more, but often it's a question of too little time.  I have a little read everyday and when I can add something to a thread.  But often I think 'oh I must respond to that post later.'  And later never happens!

Offline Eric

P'd off
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2010, 10:39:48 AM »
We we 1st joined we were a 'looker' as we were gleaning info for our move over here.  In that time we were a sponge, soaking up all the useful information.  When we wanted more we started asking questions and got excellent answers which helped us a great deal.

Now we are relatively experienced members of the forum, and know a little about Turkey , we contribute more.

The moral of this is that there is no problems, as far as I am concerned, with just looking and reading.  People are gleaning all sorts of info that way, good or bad  ;) and for various reasons, good or bad :D:-\

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
P'd off
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2010, 10:56:45 AM »
A few years ago when I was new to the Forum, we where over in Calis.  I was speaking to an English couple who have a place there.  I was telling them about Yaka Park, which they had never heard of, even though they had been coming to Calis longer than us.  I then said  "Have you ever seen the Calis Beach Forum? you can get lots of information from that".  The guy then said to me. "Yes, I have looked at it, have you seen some of the nut cases on there and what they write?, I would never join something like that". At this stage I decided not to tell him I was a member, but accepted I must be a nut case.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 10:57:55 AM by Jacqui Harvey »

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
P'd off
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2010, 11:09:13 AM »
I sat at a bar one lunchtime, quietly having my wee snack - listening to some expats discussing something that was on CBF at that time. Another expat woman, sitting at the opposite end of the bar was shouted to, asked if she had read it. "Calis Beach forum? Nooooo I never go on there, it's a load of CRAP!"

Charming :D

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
P'd off
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2010, 11:51:11 AM »
I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members. Groucho Marx
:D

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
P'd off
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2010, 12:03:15 PM »
I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like KKOB as members.  Groucho Scunner

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf