Author Topic: Wrong numbers.  (Read 1263 times)

Offline Sandrats

• Askam-in Furness, UK
Wrong numbers.
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2011, 18:18:44 PM »
I have for some years now carried out an activity that I name, cold call baiting', very easy just pretend to be vaguely interested in what they say, string them along - whilst at the same time carrying on doing what you were doing when they rang.  The aim is to see how long they will talk to you before they realise and hang up on you.  My PB is approx 42 mins.

Alternatively is to answer their questions with one that you know will upset them ie when a lady rang me about their reps being in the area looking for people to have new kitchens installed.  She asked about style, age, size etc (the kitchen not me), I eventually replied that how on earth would I know - I have a wife who fetches me things from the kitchen!  She hung up after a snort of disgust, oh and ladies the statement is far from the truth.

Offline scouser2

Wrong numbers.
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2011, 19:44:34 PM »
I had a cold caller phone me a few years ago in the U.K. and she asked if I was the resident of my address. She then proceeded to ask me if I owned the house, rented it or had a mortgage.Bloody cheek...I told her to mind her own business, and to give me her supervisors phone number.Funny thing...she hung up!!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Wrong numbers.
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2011, 19:50:07 PM »
Talking about cheek, my bank phoned me to do a routine check on some credit card transactions, which is nice of them. The first thing they asked was "From your password can you give me letter number 3?" - I said what on Earth are you talking about, you phoned me!!!

Offline nuttybird

Wrong numbers.
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2011, 09:30:58 AM »
TPS service I find is a load of twoddle, Im registered for my home number and still get UK calls through, when I tell them that im on the TPS and if they continue to call they can be fined, they just laugh down the phone. I had one company keep calling me, so I demanded to be taken off then list. We are on the TPS service at work and get so many sales calls, like someone has said in the thread before, we turn it round to them now, they call selling their services, so i turn the tables on them and try and sell them insurance (albeit we only insure hospitals, and footballers and football agents, they dont need to know that!) ;-)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf