Author Topic: I Hate B.T.  (Read 852 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
I Hate B.T.
« on: July 01, 2011, 13:49:42 PM »
Seven weeks ago our broadband connection started dropping out.
After it packed up completely we rang B.T. after 1 hour on the phone through to India it eventually came back with the promise it was "fixed".  We went on holiday, my son had the same problems, rang India etc., the Broadband came and went.  We came home, Broadband collapsed again. Rang India was told it was the Router.  Go through to sales, they said they could get a new router in 4 days.  We put them off and tried Sky etc., unfortunately, only B.T. is in our area.
Broadband came back.  Then 4 days ago Broadband disappeared again.
Rang BT Sales on the phone for 45 minutes.  We were told by a lady in Warrington we needed a new Router, she would arrange for it to be delivered locally, but I had to go back to India to the techincal department to O.K. this, was put back to India.  Went through all the usual rubbish then woman said she would test line.  Woman rang back, told us there was a fault on the line, it was not the Router.
Told us we would be back next day.  Next day no Broadband, rang BT got through to India, still working on line.  Woman rings at 3.45 asked if the Broadband is working, no it's not.  Woman will ring bank in 5 mintues(some hope).  Next day rang India again.  20 minutes on phone. India gentleman was very concerned.  Liverpudlian woman was hopping mad and demanded a home visit[:(!].  Home visit was arranged, but not until next day.  Engineer arrived this morning.  He told me it was a Router fault and replaced the router, he also said we should have had a new router weeks ago, there was nothing wrong with the line.
Of course, now he is gone, printer not working!!!!  
We have heard Sky will be up and running here next year, we will then bid a fond farewell to B.T. and India.[xx(]
I  think I need a holiday ;)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 13:51:17 PM by Jacqui Harvey »

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
I Hate B.T.
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 13:59:57 PM »
Not too sure that Sky will be the answer either Jacqui !!  we have had constant problems with our broadband :(

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
I Hate B.T.
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011, 14:50:01 PM »
My son lives 5 miles up the road, he has Sky and has not had any problems. He pays £20.00.  We are paying £35.00 per month.
I think I would rather be with Sky and pay £15.00 per month less and take my chances on having similiar problems.

Offline littlereddevil

I Hate B.T.
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2011, 17:31:14 PM »
I have also tried to get Sky a few times but still not in our area. I haven't had so many problems with BT since I changed from IE to Mozilla Firefox.

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
I Hate B.T.
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2011, 18:01:08 PM »
Sky has been generally good for me but anything was better that Talk Talk. It was more like Listen Listen the times I spent on hold listening to their cr4p on hold music.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
I Hate B.T.
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2011, 19:03:40 PM »
If you can get o2 they are excellent. Had hardly any problems in about 4 years (I think) and if you have an o2 phone you get £5 off. I pay £9.50 for 8 meg and it does me well.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
I Hate B.T.
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2011, 19:17:08 PM »
We have 1 meg and unfortunately, because we are in a country area there is no one else available but the dreaded BT.

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

I Hate B.T.
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2011, 20:11:01 PM »
Sky operates 2 types of broadband. One type is provided directly by Sky and the other called Sky Connect is delivered through the BT line. Sky Connect is the one that is offered where normal sky broadband can be provided. Sky Connect is rubbish. The speed we got at peak time was less than a quarter of a megabyte. Dumped it and we now have Virgin which so far has been great and delivers what it says on the box.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
I Hate B.T.
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2011, 20:13:17 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Ovacikpeedoff

we now have Virgin which so far has been great and delivers what it says on the box.

Correct  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf