Author Topic: Education Today  (Read 811 times)

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
Education Today
« on: January 31, 2012, 16:04:44 PM »
Today I heard a Headteacher speaking about the school curriculum on Radio 5. She said that they were "going to restructure their programme so that students studied less courses". With grammatical ability like that she is wasted in teaching: she could be writing semi-literate customer notices for Tesco.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Education Today
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 16:14:55 PM »
Every fewer helps

Offline SteveJ

Education Today
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 18:41:07 PM »
As an ex-English teacher don't even get me started on them stupid things what people keep saying on the wireless. It literally makes my blood boil every time I hear something bad being spoked.

and anyrodeup I'd still be a teacher if that blue kid hadn't told on me when I was lookin after the swimmin class.

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
Education Today
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 22:09:34 PM »
You should see the qualifications students put on university applications. An example a student gets grade C in Maths, application of number and functional skills in Maths. It costs £27 for a student to sit a GCSE so having achieved the GCSE the school then pays more of our money for the students to gain another qualification in the same subject at the same level. It beggars belief I see it on A daily basis and it's a blood boiler

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf