Author Topic: Only for those with a sense of humour!  (Read 5168 times)

Offline Mrs Hyacinth Bouquet

• Newly Registered
Re: Only for those with a sense of humour!
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2013, 08:05:08 AM »
I did not intimate or insinuate anything of the kind. As for joking about religion, my joke was not to poke fun at that and now we even bring in the elderly! I'm older than Jim Fraser anyway!!  Would you like to continue?  Let's get every single syllable picked over!!

• Newly Registered
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2013, 08:46:33 AM »
Diverbaz 1.....don't you worry, when I see my son, who was the perpetrator of this heinous crime, I will give him a good telling off for the naughty little boy he is. He is going to be mortified.....not!!

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Only for those with a sense of humour!
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2013, 09:00:53 AM »
I thought intimate and insinuate meant roughly the same thing?

• Newly Registered
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2013, 09:04:04 AM »
I believe insinuate is a little more sly than intimate. Anything else whilst we're here???

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2013, 09:41:20 AM »
I didn't get the joke.

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Only for those with a sense of humour!
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2013, 09:42:44 AM »
Mrs B. I bow to your superior intellect...... And yes, there is something else.

I'm not wishing to 'have a go' or attack you, I'm simply stating a personal observation based on many years of being a member of this forum. Something about you doesn't add up?

I followed your previous topic which looked and probably was perfectly innocent, but at times I felt that you very skilfully steered it to become argumentative, indeed I sense the same trait in this current topic. I will concede that you claim to be a new member and as such, the banter amongst us on here may seem sarcastic or even confrontational at times and maybe it's your reaction to that which I'm picking up on?

I've lost count of how many new members who have joined this forum and steered themselves uncontrollably towards the exit door, but, only time will tell and only one of us will be proved to be correct and honestly Mrs B. I hope it's not me.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2013, 09:46:45 AM »
Mrs Bouquet

You do appear to think laughter is something only you are able to supply here  (out of 10,000 members) and only you are capable of here.

In the online world, that will generally be dealt with by exactly the reactions you generated. I don't see that you have been unfairly treated, just that you can gicce but cannot take.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2013, 09:47:53 AM »
Yes George and furthermore a new member that knew my old title from long ago...

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2013, 10:03:19 AM »
I believe insinuate is a little more sly than intimate. Anything else whilst we're here???

My goodness Mrs B.  I think you are encouraging this.

• Newly Registered
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2013, 10:10:10 AM »
I'm very interested to find out why I don't add up!?

I will tell you why I joined this Forum. It was to look for a long term rental so that I could make an informed decision as to whether I would like to buy out there or now and I feel to be rapidly coming to the conclusion that it wouldn't be a wise move.  I have actually found a long term rental and I would hate to let this particularly lady down but if necessary I will have to do that.

As for being argumentative, you are way off track there. I actually like, and live, a very quiet life. It seems strange to me that every single person who has taken a pop at me is male and also an expat. Can you explain that to me?

It also feels that as a new member you have to accept having a lot of c**p thrown at you and to be able to turn the other cheek. I can do this to a degree but when people start picking holes in every tiny thing you say it becomes difficult.

I am as straight as a die but I will kowtow to nobody.

I very much look forward to hearing your reason for saying that I don't add up.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf