Author Topic: I Could Eat a Horse  (Read 6278 times)

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
Re: I Could Eat a Horse
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2014, 09:12:21 AM »
I'm off to the Nags Head for sunday lunch. They do a fantastic filly min yon and the straw berries are to die for.
Expensive, but hay, who cares, we're not here furlong.    be back in a bit.!

:)

Offline davybill

« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2014, 13:43:08 PM »
Had some nice Hor,s du fors,today from the New,market,:-) ?

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2014, 14:52:27 PM »
I don't want to put the cart before the Sunday lunch, but if the views expressed here were representative of consumers as a whole it might be worth some enterprising supermarket trying it out. Or would it be picketed by Thelwell types?

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2014, 16:00:50 PM »
Horsemeat IS available to buy in the UK. There are only half a dozen or so abattoirs licenced to process horses and, as it's regarded as controversial by many, the meat's not widely advertised for sale.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2014, 16:40:47 PM »
Perhaps HRH could put some of her nags up for slaughter and help drive the debate.
Many years ago I used to buy horses for my father in law (for pleasure) but most of
the horses going through the markets were bought to send to the continent for horse meat.
We lost a couple of horses through illness and the knacker men bought them and they were
used for pet food in this country.
The trade has gone on for years, but the debate hasn't.

Now who's turn was it. ?

PS.      The supermarkets have been trying it out for years Colwyn.         They just didn't tell us.!       
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 16:52:22 PM by kevin3 »

Offline johntaylor49

« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2014, 12:27:47 PM »
A few years ago I would not have been bothered, but now, as my Daughter in Law has two horses, Hugo and Beth and I go out and stroke them and give them carrots, I have become very fond of them,  they are family pets, so, on that basis I would not eat horse, it would be like eating our cat.
Yeah, we used to have a pet lamb in Iran, Larry and we took him with us to Garden Parties and other events all the time with a little hat and a sort of necklace made from one of those things you used to put on elastic in front of the hood on Baby's prams. Alas, he grew faster than we expected and the time came for Chops, Slow roasted shanks and amazing Curries. All the tasty morsels in the gardens obviously contributed to his delightful flavour!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf