Author Topic: Refugees found dead in truck  (Read 11681 times)

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Refugees found dead in truck
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2015, 18:01:38 PM »
I was aware of you being the first. I haven't made up my mind yet about the second and third.

So strange how ones perception of a person can be totally changed by one stupid remark from that person. Goodbye Colwyn .

Oh the irony...

JF

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2015, 18:46:49 PM »
The " Nimby" squad are up in arms again! But hey, let's just wait until WE, the TRUE Brit, become the minority in our own country, whether that be ethnic, religious, cultural or otherwise !! I stand by what I say, and Colwyn, I AM a Member if the U.K.I.P. party, not paranoid, and definitely NOT a nutter , thank you very much !!!!

Here's one for you Gordon.  Don't need to say much, the image speaks for itself...  sadly.

JF

Offline Stuart T

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2015, 19:16:39 PM »
..and apart from sniping at personal posts on CBF John, what are you doing to help any of them?

Thousands of images from natural and man - made horrors from around the world are freely available.

Patriotism need not be nationalistic, right wing or fascist.

This, amongst many other man - made disasters, can hardly be put at the feet of an individual for his political viewpoint.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"

Selecting small segments of a larger post and using them as weapons seems somewhat cowardly.

What's your solution?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2015, 20:02:21 PM »

..and apart from sniping at personal posts on CBF

Kettle, pot etc

Offline CleopatrasAsp

• Irish by birth, Geordie by marriage!
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2015, 20:08:18 PM »
How could any right-minded individual not be affected by this heartbreaking picture?  Rest in peace little one.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2015, 20:24:09 PM »
..and apart from sniping at personal posts on CBF John, what are you doing to help any of them?

What I can, financially and politically.  What about you?

Selecting small segments of a larger post and using them as weapons seems somewhat cowardly.

Yep, thats me - total keyboard warrior.  Does however put me several levels above the average (or below average) internet troll.

What's your solution?

What a stupid question posed in such a provocative manner.  However, if I did have a solution I'd be GenSec of UNHCR.

JF

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2015, 20:30:16 PM »
That's two topics with a very serious subject twisted to bitterness and aggression by the same person.

Please folks let's ignore the amateur troll in future (me included) and we'll delete his attempts at provocation and trolling instead.

Back to topic, it is simply awful to see this photo but if a photo could be a game changer then this one might be that photo.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2015, 20:48:12 PM »
I sincerely hope so, it's been shared by so many today and hopefully will make even the most bigoted people stop and think.
Some of the comments under the online newspaper reports have been absolutely disgusting, but happy to say the majority are saying enough so enough.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2015, 20:54:52 PM »
Back to topic, it is simply awful to see this photo but if a photo could be a game changer then this one might be that photo.

I sincerely hope so too - and yes KK, some of the online commentary has been beyond belief.

JF

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2015, 21:05:42 PM »
How said to see that lovely little boy in his really beautiful clothes and shoes, obviously, loved and looked after. The situation is now so desparate for this poor people.
I think it is time that some countries in the world got their Armies together and went in and stopped ISIS in their tracks. 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf