Author Topic: Don't bank on a holiday in the UK  (Read 979 times)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Don't bank on a holiday in the UK
« on: November 13, 2010, 11:15:45 AM »
Pontin's, the holiday camp people have been placed in administration. Part of a report on the BBC read:

"The business is strong, it's going really well - we have 3,000 holidaymakers staying with us this weekend," he said.

"But the bank has simply said it is not prepared to support our credit facilities any more. It's very annoying and the most non-sensical business situation I have ever been involved in."

Is it just me, or is it not high time that someone really got to grips with the banks in this country.

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 12:02:48 PM »
You have to take into account John, they have to put money aside for their yearly bonus,s. Pontins dont count do they.:(

Offline scouser2

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 12:35:19 PM »
How sad that they are closing. I remember going to Pontins in Blackpool years ago with my sisters.We had a really good time. We used to go to Butlins in Pwhelli as well.They were really good cheap family holidays.Sad to think that our grandchildren (if we ever have any) won't be able to have the holiday camp experience.

Offline Steve (redding43)

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 18:21:27 PM »
They are not closing. It's being run as a going concern and they are looking for a suitable person to take the helm

Offline rpg9000

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2010, 20:21:09 PM »
Hang on there......

quote:
The business is strong, it's going really well - we have 3,000 holidaymakers staying with us this weekend," he said.

That being the case, how come you're relying on the bank to finance your business - which you obviously are! You have evidently been happily running on bank overdrafts or loans, and the banks have decided that you're no longer a good risk and pulled the plug.

No-one has a god-given right to credit - apart from students of course. That's what the financial crisis of the last couple of years was all about, you numpty!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf