Author Topic: A bit fed up..  (Read 1263 times)

Offline BernieTeyze

A bit fed up..
« on: March 02, 2011, 22:49:48 PM »
I had booked and paid for a holiday to Egypt in September. After watching the troubles on tv I was wary, but thought I would wait and see what happened. Then when I heard of more trouble and this is a possible election time I decided to change my destination to Turkey. I was advised the changes would be £35 per change per person. When I finally got through to them after 29 minutes in a queue on an 0871 number, the person on the phone wasnt very helpful. Each hotel I asked for wasnt available,even though I pointed out you could still book it on T Cook and that was part of their holiday company. She said although it was part of the T Cook, Direct holidays were seperate. I asked her what hotels she could offer me then, to which she replied it wasnt for her to look, but for me to ask and then she would look for availability. In the end I got that fed up, I cancelled at a cost of £305, plus the cost of all the phone calls and inconvenience. The person on the end of the phone said she would refund me by cheque within 10 days. I said ok to that. I came home yesterday only to find a message on the answer phone asking me to phone with the card number so they can refund my money. I now have to dial another 0871 number between 9-5 to arrange it. I will never book through this holiday company again, their customer service is non existent. That's it moan over..:-\[:(!]

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
A bit fed up..
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 23:22:39 PM »
Hi Bernie
There are a few alternative numbers to try.

Accounts Dept -  0141 559 7073 or 01274 384521

this web site lists different numbers for most 0870/1 type numbers

http://www.saynoto0870.com/
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 23:25:48 PM by Anne »

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
A bit fed up..
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 06:40:48 AM »
and the moral of the story - Turkey every time!

Offline BernieTeyze

A bit fed up..
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 19:15:49 PM »
Thanks, thats helpful Anne. Today I telephoned, and was told I had phoned yesterday at 1.15pm to agree to put the money on my card...except I didnt. The card they are referring to might not be valid now, as we are in the process of changing banks this week. That should have happened a few weeks ago, but thats a whole other story.  When I pointed that out she just replied well the money will have to go somewhere and if there is no account they will send it back to us..give us a ring if it doesnt turn up...gorgeous bird, you are so right. Have done Gumbet..even before they had an airport and travelled down from Izmir with my 4 kids no problem, Alanya, last year Altinkum and Icmeler, never had a bad holiday in Turkey, either booking or visiting. I,ll see if this next one goes without a hitch, then I will be cutting out travel agents and booking direct...roll on June..

Offline BernieTeyze

A bit fed up..
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 10:35:01 AM »

Finally, today I got my money back..how happy am I ..thanks for the support. Already looking for September xx

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf