Author Topic: Washing Machine in Bathroom - but UK?  (Read 1626 times)

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
Washing Machine in Bathroom - but UK?
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2011, 19:12:02 PM »
One issue I had not thought of was if the macchine floods you will wreck your floor & ceiling below.
Found this on a website.

Can I install a washing machine in a bathroom?
A bathroom isn't an ideal place for a washing machine. For a start, if the bathroom is upstairs and washing machine flooded it could cause a lot of damage to the ceiling.

However, as far as the (UK) regulations go, it is OK to have a washing machine installed in a bathroom - as long as strict rules are adhered to. These rules are covered under the local authority regulations and need to be followed exactly. I don't have a copy of these regulations but one of the main criteria is that a person in the bath or shower (and presumably even on the toilet) should NOT be able to touch the washing machine. The washing machine should also be plugged in outside the bathroom and protected by an RCD.

If you must install a washing machine in a bathroom, seek out and consult the official regulations. Your local council will have them.

Offline grahamturner09

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2011, 20:20:27 PM »
I am not sure about this one but regulations for gas boilers state you should not be able to touch it from the bath.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2011, 20:23:16 PM »
I wouldn't want to :D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf