Author Topic: M25 Tours  (Read 1066 times)

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
M25 Tours
« on: December 23, 2011, 18:58:28 PM »
Anyone stuck for a last minute present? this could be for you : :)    

M25 Orbital Coach Tour
Thursday 11 October 2012
This day is designed for lovers of modern coach travel. The M25 has been named the least entertaining and most boring road in Britain over the years.  BBC Radio 4 listeners voted it the most hated place in Britain in 2002, while in 2008 Caterham Cars claimed it was the country's worst driving road.  Let us try to prove these judgements wrong with a "flight of fancy" around the London Orbital.  The coach direction will be decided on the day by the drivers and we will stop to take refreshment at the services, perhaps even made at Cobham to coincide with the opening of the new Cobham Services.  An entertaining commentary by our co-driver will accompany the journey covering interesting facts about the motorway's evolution.  Passengers are invited to guestimate to the nearest mile the distance the coach will travel around the route, a bottle of Champagne is the prize for the closest.

Offline scorcher

M25 Tours
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 19:16:38 PM »
My money's on the coach driver - get in !!!

Offline peecee

M25 Tours
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 19:41:30 PM »
please say you're not doing this :o :o:D

Offline grahamturner09

M25 Tours
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2011, 20:19:27 PM »
Having spent many hours sitting on the M25 I could think of no worse a place to go for a joy ride sorry you will have to count me out of this one. :o

Offline BM06

M25 Tours
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2011, 22:16:28 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by badger

Anyone stuck for a last minute present? this could be for you : :)    

M25 Orbital Coach Tour
Thursday 11 October 2012
This day is designed for lovers of modern coach travel. The M25 has been named the least entertaining and most boring road in Britain over the years.  BBC Radio 4 listeners voted it the most hated place in Britain in 2002, while in 2008 Caterham Cars claimed it was the country's worst driving road.  Let us try to prove these judgements wrong with a "flight of fancy" around the London Orbital.  The coach direction will be decided on the day by the drivers and we will stop to take refreshment at the services, perhaps even made at Cobham to coincide with the opening of the new Cobham Services.  An entertaining commentary by our co-driver will accompany the journey covering interesting facts about the motorway's evolution.  Passengers are invited to guestimate to the nearest mile the distance the coach will travel around the route, a bottle of Champagne is the prize for the closest.

Badger, how much does the trip cost[?] and what time are you starting the trips[?]

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
M25 Tours
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2011, 10:05:51 AM »
Steve
     Like Graham,I have spent almost the last year on the M25 car park,so I will not be signing up for that trip  :)

PS-The Academy are playing Brum on Boxing day (Sky tv)

Badger (WHTID)

Offline BM06

M25 Tours
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2011, 11:14:00 AM »
Geoff, I new you would be to clever (being a happy hammer)to take that bait:P but it was my last try this year ;) have had some great fun dangling the bait this year. ;)yes I see the boys are on at around 5 on boxing day:-\ we will still take 5 thousand fans to the flu boys 8) My grandson is one of the mascots against Palace in Feb looking forward to that day, he is already at the academy (at 7 years old, bit to young IMHO)got a great right foot and tons of stamina,trains and runs every day,not a play station troll ;) merry Christmas Geoff and a happy new year to you and yours mate:D have a good one. COYIs :)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 12:46:28 PM by BM06 »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf