Author Topic: insurance rip off's  (Read 866 times)

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
insurance rip off's
« on: July 14, 2012, 12:05:01 PM »
We have both home and car insurance with Aviva.
Home is due to renew on 20 july, renewal £268...... if I log in as a new customer the same premium is £175
Car is due on 12 Aug, renewal £287...... if I log in as a new customer the same premium is £269

There's loyalty for you.

I also do my renewals through Quidco and get cashback of £100 for doing both through them so I rang Aviva to ask for them cancel the car at renewal, I was told that to cancel the renewal my wife (policy in her name) needs to ring to cancel. I said its my credit card and I don't want you to charge my card for the renewal. He said wife needs to ring.
The worlds gone mad, they can renew the policy and charge my card unless my wife rings. I find that bizzar.

2 years ago we found we had had 2 policies running on the car for a year because they had auto renewed the old policy. After a rant they refunded one.
I wonder how many people get caught out?

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: insurance rip off's
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 12:25:17 PM »
Data protection kicks in if its your wife's policy. She is the only one that will be able to cancel it although I guess you could ask your cc company not to pay any premiums. First option probably the easiest though.

Imagine if you had separated and you were able to cancel her policy? She would be driving unaware that she was not insured.

As for the new customer pricing - it is a scandal and should be outlawed IMO. Stupid when you can cancel a policy and then get it cheaper as a 'new customer'. I've had the same experience with insurers and it stinks!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf