Author Topic: It's a Small World  (Read 3020 times)

Offline John H

• Hamilton, Lanarkshire, UK
Re: It's a Small World
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2013, 14:55:49 PM »
On a Dolmus journey from Fethiye to Olu Deniz,around 6 years ago we got into a conversation with another Scottish couple and,eventually,found out that the man was my sister in law's postman. Lanarkshire is a very close community and by the time we reached Olu Deniz we were almost related by blood.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2013, 15:43:33 PM »
I was trying to arrange a meet-up with my mate who I hadn't seen for a while. He said he couldn't meet the next week or two since he was off on holiday to Sri Lanka. The second evening he was there he saw a chap along the hotel corridor struggling to open the door to his room, the next one to his, and went to help. The chap in trouble was my brother. Sri Lanka is a small place.

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2013, 22:32:25 PM »
Damn you Scunner, the subject title 'It's a small world' has created an ear worm of that dreadful Disney theme park children's ride tune of the same name.... and for those of you who don't know it be glad, but for those of you who do please feel free to join in my earworm:-

it's a world of laughter, a world or tears
its a world of hopes, its a world of fear
theres so much that we share
that its time we're aware
its a small world after all

CHORUS:
its a small, small world

There is just one moon and one golden sun
And a smile means friendship to everyone.
Though the mountains divide
And the oceans are wide
It's a small small world

Going mad yet???? :o :o :o

We have a home movie video of our trip to Disney entitled - it's a small world !

Offline Gary-O

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2013, 18:51:10 PM »
On my very first visit to Calis in 96 i was staying at the Aries Hotel, a little confused as to where the room was we were pointed in the right direction by a young lad. The next morning in the breakfast queue a woman called out my name, it turned out to be my brother in laws sister who i hadn't seen for over 10 years, the young lad who pointed us in the right direction to the room was her son.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2014, 12:32:32 PM »

Do you have any "small World" stories?

I think I have but I can't think of any at the mo :D

Ah, it only took me 8 months to remember it :D

On our first return to the UK after moving to Turkey, we were on the airport bus after dropping back the hire car at Stansted. I heard a voice behind me that sounded like "Mr. Campbell..." - of course I live abroad and I am not the only Mr. Campbell in the World so I decided it was not about me. Then, "Keith?"...

Deciding it was more likely to be directed at me I turned round and there was an ex-colleague of mine from maybe 8 years earlier, vaguely amusingly called Andy Williams. He used to look after the Midlands and I used to look after London and the South East when we worked together so we met up often, but not for the last 8 years at all.

Imagine meeting on an airport bus - but I informed him that it was an even more unlikely chance meet as we didn't live in the UK anymore. He agreed, and said it was even more unlikely than that as he left the UK too and was heading home to Norway.

I wonder what odds Betfred would have offered on our paths ever crossing again...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf