Author Topic: Benefits Street  (Read 2594 times)

Offline saoirse

Re: Benefits Street
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2014, 22:20:04 PM »
I reckon theres infinitely  more dosh stolen by tax fiddles, stock exchange frauds and other rackets by the chinless wonders in society than the odd window cleaner doing the double.

Offline lynne

• Birmingham, UK
Re: Benefits Street
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2014, 22:42:06 PM »
I thought this may interest you all:

Stephen Smith aka Smoggy from Benefits Street has been offered three jobs following the first episode of the controversial series.

Benefits Street is a five-part series which focuses on the residents of James Turner Street in Winson Green. The first episode was shown on Channel 4 on Monday night (06/01).

Stephen, aged 38, impressed bosses and viewers with his 50p idea on Monday night.

The 50p idea was born during a four months sentence in Birmingham Prison (formally known as Winson Green Prison) for a “petty” crime in 2011.

He, said: "I worked as a cleaner when I was inside, People asked for things like soap that I would sell for a smoke. My time in prison was a reality check but it gave me to time to reflect. I was locked up for something really petty which I regret. But they say things happen for a reason, If I had not gone to jail I would not have come up with the 50p idea."

He, added: "Three companies have contacted me through Channel 4. I think the first one, delivering food for a distribution company, is the one I want to go for."

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf