Author Topic: Get yer tits oot - but not in Turkey!  (Read 2686 times)

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Get yer tits oot - but not in Turkey!
« on: November 13, 2013, 23:26:18 PM »
This is actually old news, but someone sent this article by Marc Champion who himself is a bit of a tit - however, has has managed to string together sufficient words to make a decent article.

From Bloomberg

Personally, I think the mindset of those in power is now starting to become a wee bit scary... 

Thoughts?

JF
(who ironically works for one of the most fundy law firm in the 'Bul!)

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
Re: Get yer tits oot - but not in Turkey!
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 11:56:58 AM »
Funny old world aint it.  A right wing commentator thinks its alright for the great one to follow a nasty right wing political and economic agenda (well right wing enough to put cash in his supporters pockets, particularly his big business supporters new and old) whilst locking up trade unionists, judges, generals, journos and political opposition, and arranging the beating of the countries young by police and his own political supporters while the world looks on..... but do something that smacks of Islam (even if it is in chime with the right wing agenda) and suddenly you fall out of love with the great one!!  Oh so typical of of right wing political commentators from the good old US of A.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 12:10:47 PM by usedbustickets »

Offline Menthol

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 05:59:18 AM »
A lot of people of religion, and in my experience particularly the men, become increasingly pious with age.

As their death knell rings louder, they start to want to atone for past sins and display an intolerance for other people's life choices. They need to turn up at the pearlies with their Religious Conscience Account book healthily in credit. This ensures whatever deity happens to be on gate duty, will overlook the very many previous sins as obviously several prayers and a pilgrimage or two wipes the soul clean.

Offline scorcher

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 11:54:29 AM »
I wonder why most of the churches that I attend have a clear majority of women in the congregation ? Might you be thinking of mosques ? Could be the reason why your average Wallace Arnold coach trips are top heavy with women whose men thrown sevens !

Offline jondo

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2013, 15:46:53 PM »
Perfectly stated Menthol.

Offline Menthol

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2013, 20:25:37 PM »
Sweeping statement alert: Scorcher, I have a theory that a lot of women attend church for social reasons. Many are widowed and potentially lonely and many others find it is a noble excuse to escape the husband. 

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2013, 00:21:41 AM »
It is simply incredible to me that religion, that preaches forgiveness and compassion to all, rely on sending those who don't make the grade to eternal damnation in hell. So much for the forgiveness and compassion when the final judgement comes.

Offline jondo

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2013, 12:27:09 PM »
Exactly Keith....As stated by Christopher Hitchens in his debates on the whole subject! You tube is where you will find the filmed debates.

Offline johntaylor49

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2013, 10:41:45 AM »
Well I guess in the current Political Climate the lady in question was shall we say being a tad provocative and must have known it would spark a reaction, so "getting her tits oot" was perhaps looking for trouble. But that issue of course has little to do with that really and it is the overall gradual removal of rights by the current Islamist regime, the real concern is will the near future bring a raft of vote rigging legislation, even a Government sponsored sham uprising to be put down with Martial Law and the cancelling of elections?

The big hope is that they do go, but moreso that those coming in do not delay in simply cancelling all the restrictive legislation under a single act -- immediately!

Strangely Judaism, Christianity and Islam were remarkably similar at their inception but spaced by hundreds or thousands of years, for example women worshipped separately from men in Churches as they did in Jewish Synagogue or Temples, Women were encourage to cover their hair in all 3 religions, it was only later that Christianity "modernised" and became more removed. 

JT

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf