Author Topic: E u  (Read 16590 times)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Re: E u
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2016, 19:08:48 PM »
Ah yes, anyone who points out the obvious economic risks of leaving is part of Project Fear.

Something similar here during the Independence Referendum. If you were a NO voter you were automatically labelled as unpatriotic.

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2016, 19:36:28 PM »
Johnson, Gove and Farage stating there are 80 million Turks on their way to the UK is not any way exploiting immigration to create fear. 

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2016, 19:39:37 PM »
I have decided to vote to stay in.That is my business and I won't be changed. But I must say, I have never heard such a load of b*llocks in my life than the cr4p the Stay campaign have manufactured/released.

And I lived through the Scottish Independence referendum.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2016, 20:55:34 PM »
  Some of Cameron's tactics have been unbelievable, WW3, Dads Army, Churchill,economic meltdown, treating the population as fools.

Today they gave John Major a rostrum and a script. It says much about his judgement that he had a sexual relationship with Edwina

Curry, (yuk.) The EU has already started to crack, member states are throwing up razor wire borders, Merkel has shown that Germany

controls the EU, smaller countries are told what to do, mass migration will accelerate, bankrupting smaller economies, and Junker has

admitted that Brussels interferes far too much in the affairs of member countries but no mention of stopping the practice. The original

concept seemed a good idea but it has been hijacked by an unelected eurocratic elite with a super power agenda and the verbal trot's.

I guess that makes me an  "out "        :)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2016, 15:34:52 PM »
With you on that Kevin!

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2016, 15:46:50 PM »
I have never heard such a load of b*llocks in my life than the cr4p the Stay campaign have manufactured/released.
Quite so. But I think it applies to both sides. None of the "debate" has been very edifying: some of it makes Prime Minister's Questions look erudite. I think the discussion on CBF has been rather better (and I include, begrudgingly, kevin3 in that. I thought the best speech so far was made by Boris Johnson but, unfortunately, I couldn't believe a word of it since I knew what he really meant was: " I urge you to vote to leave, even though I have always been an EU supporter all my life, because it is my best shot at becoming the next Prime Minister".

However, in the spirit of drivel I would like to contribute to the debate in similar style by offering Two Positive Reasons for Voting Leave:
1) We will be thrown out of Eurovision. This will stop us wasting any more money on this annual farce and give back one Saturday night to proper programmes employing British actors, comedians, musicians, et cetera.
2) We will be thrown out of the soccer European Champions League. This will stop all that dreary waffle on the radio about who will be in the "Top 4". It won't matter. One team each year will win the league and everybody else won't. The same would apply to EUFA 2016 (and beyond) and stop England from embarrassing itself yet again by being knocked out by Albania (or whoever) every time they go in for it. English folk are so upset by this that industrial productivity goes down by 20% for weeks after.

P.S. On the topic of drivel why do forum administrators deploy software to prevent bad language and then use ingenious typographic devices to get round their own rules. That's probably down to Brussels as well.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2016, 01:59:37 AM »

Colwyn

I begrudgingly accept your accolades,   but not the rest of your contribution.     Utter b#llocks.      Smiley thingy x2.

Offline davybill

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2016, 07:44:59 AM »
You wont have to worry about a Welsh teams getting in the top four in the P.L Colwyn.
Just worry about the six nations rugby? LOL.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2016, 09:08:56 AM »
Colwyn your so right on that unprincipled Bullingham Boy Boris Johnson, he is only in the Brexit campaign for his own political advantage.

As to your other pieces of misdirection and mischief, we will still be in the Champions League, but I do hear that we will be excluded from the peanut hugging danish lager cup, and the six nations will become three.

As to the out of Eurovision?  Unfortunately not, a vote for out of the EU will not be a vote for out of Eurovision, come on look at the non eu members of that bling fest of a song contest such as Russki, Israel, Turkey, Ukraine... Still Congratulations, you've shown that the UK will not be a Puppet on a String, and will avoid the boom banga bang bang, saving its kisses for when it finally makes its mind up!

Offline davybill

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2016, 13:56:37 PM »
We have been  as the song goes/Puppets on a string/ to long.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf