Author Topic: Charlie Gard  (Read 14406 times)

Offline marina

Re: Charlie Gard
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2017, 16:15:55 PM »
A desperately sad situation for everyone concerned. I hope Charlie's parents are left alone to grieve and all the staff at GOSH can continue with the wonderful work they do every day, without the abuse they have had to endure from people who think they know better.  :'(

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2017, 16:44:15 PM »

Sorry I'm crying too much to get it in right order

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2017, 16:46:18 PM »
The truth is if Charlie Gard would have been allowed treatment in January he wouldn't be going with the angels today..He WASNT brain damaged then he ISNT brain damaged now..He has muscle depletion..Fly High Little Man you and your parents fought so hard#heartbroken#sleeptight x #charliesarmy

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2017, 19:25:46 PM »
Quote:

"I remind myself, and others listening to this judgment, that the nucleoside therapy for which the parents had been contending has not even been tried on mice with the same strain of mitochondrial disease from which Charlie suffers, let alone humans"

Just saying......

Offline Saga Louts

• Newly Registered
« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2017, 20:40:08 PM »
Thank God they are letting him go . I know it is sad and they were grasping at straws but hat was what they were doing.God rest his little soul

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2017, 15:53:37 PM »
Watched Lord Winston talking about Charlie Guard yesterday.  He said most babies born with this problem are let go at 2 - 3 months.  Charlie was born brain damaged with no hearing and no sight.  He had a tube down his windpipe  so he could breathe and another down his throat to feed him.  He said he was also on daily morphine.  He went on to say that no treatment would have helped him and the Americans did not have anything new that the British had.  He also said Charlie may not have survived a trip to the States. I know nothing, I am not a Doctor but this brilliant Professor, would not be saying this is it was not true.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2017, 16:37:35 PM »
The more I read about the American Professor, the more annoyed I get.

"In a statement to the High Court, GOSH said it was "increasingly surprised and disappointed" Professor Michio Hirano "had not read Charlie's contemporaneous medical records or viewed Charlie's brain imaging or read all of the second opinions about Charlie's condition".

The hospital said Professor Hirano had not taken the opportunity to see Charlie until last week, despite being offered the chance to do so by the hospital in January.

Even though the professor gave written evidence at all the court cases, the hospital said it only emerged last week that he had not read the judge's ruling following the first High Court hearing in April.

The hospital added it was concerned to hear the professor state in the witness box at the High Court hearing on 13 July that he had a financial interest in some of the treatment he proposed prescribing for Charlie."

:( :( :(

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2017, 18:38:49 PM »
A Snake Oil Salesman sprang to mind when he was first mentioned.

Offline patrice

« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2017, 19:03:50 PM »
Question is are they going to allow the family to take him to die ....so sad.... for those of us who have been there know the anguish and trauma that never fades.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2017, 19:21:22 PM »
'Great Ormond Street said his ventilator won't fit through the front door of the Gard's house or up the stairs and moving him could risk him suffering pain or a 'distressing or disordered death'.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf