Author Topic: Sat Beach Club  (Read 4499 times)

Offline steven moore

« on: July 25, 2010, 20:37:55 PM »
Hi has anyboby been here for the day and was also thinking about taking some of my family there for a evening meal.have looked at website is it expensive because it does not give any prices

Offline Jenny1

Sat Beach Club
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 21:18:58 PM »
When I go to Calis sometimes I stay at a hotel that's not on the front, so as i like a breeze i go to the Sat most days, it's fab! Lots of sunloungers and bean bags, hammocks etc. I have had lunches there, they are fine, but not had evening meal there, I have looked at menu, doesn't seem over priced, but if you search this forum there are a few topics on Sat?
Hope this helps.  :)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 07:36:20 AM by Jenny1 »

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Sat Beach Club
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 21:31:38 PM »
Think you will find a lot of mix revues about the Sat.  There seems to be no continuity with the evening meals.  If you go one night you will get a great meal, try a couple of days later it can been rotten.  We learned this to our cost, loved the place for the first meal, hated it for the raw chicken served on the second meal.  Never been back, too many good places in Calis to bother again with the Sat.

Offline DianeT

Sat Beach Club
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010, 22:05:51 PM »
Hi Steven,
We returned last weekend from 2 weeks holiday in Calis, we spent every day of our 2nd week at the Sat as our hotel was not on the front and as the temp was in the 40's we were glad of the breeze.
The Sat has a great set up, we had lunch there each day which was very good though as sandwiches came with small salad & chips was a bit filling, a couple of days my husband & I shared a turkish pizza which was delicious.
We did not eat there at night this time but have done so on previous holidays and never had any complaints.
Diane

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Sat Beach Club
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 09:24:03 AM »
I think the Sat is probably the only restaurant on the Forum that has such a mixed press.  One person loves it another had a disappointing meal.  One thing that is always noted is that meals are very often served cold.  For a high class restaurant, that does charge more for dinner their standards do not deliver.  If I was eating and taking friends and family I would not chance the Sat.  There are some great restaurants in Calis that can always be guaranteed to serve excellent food.

Offline philrose

Sat Beach Club
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2010, 09:48:08 AM »
Have to agree if they are aiming to be a high class restaurant, then the quality of both food and service has to be consistantly good. Something that the Sat has yet to achieve

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Sat Beach Club
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2010, 10:32:04 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Jacqui Harvey

I think the Sat is probably the only restaurant on the Forum that has such a mixed press.  One person loves it another had a disappointing meal.  One thing that is always noted is that meals are very often served cold.  For a high class restaurant, that does charge more for dinner their standards do not deliver.  If I was eating and taking friends and family I would not chance the Sat.  There are some great restaurants in Calis that can always be guaranteed to serve excellent food.

Not sure about that Jacqui. The only restaurant I can honestly say was consistent in the standard of food and service this year was Guvens and I'm sure even that has a bad report somewhere.

Look at the Bostons thread - some love it and some hate it. I think it's the norm for Calais restaurant reviews.

It's one of my pet hates in Calis - you can have a great meal and service one night and the next time it's all Pete Tong!

:)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Sat Beach Club
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2010, 10:40:56 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by stoop

quote:
Originally posted by Jacqui Harvey

Not sure about that Jacqui. The only restaurant I can honestly say was consistent in the standard of food and service this year was Guvens and I'm sure even that has a bad report somewhere.

Look at the Bostons thread - some love it and some hate it. I think it's the norm for Calais restaurant reviews.

It's one of my pet hates in Calis - you can have a great meal and service one night and the next time it's all Pete Tong!

:)

Never been to Guvens as I think it's usually people from Koca Calis that use it as their local.  I was speaking about Calis restaurants.
Also Stoop you are bragging again imagine going all the way to Calais for a meal when you are in Turkey  :o Did you use your private jet again? : :) ;)

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
Sat Beach Club
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2010, 12:12:21 PM »
I also agree that the conistency is lacking however for us the attraction of the Sat is the setting. I can almost forgive them anything( except raw chicken ) for having that location!

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Sat Beach Club
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2010, 12:24:30 PM »
Does anyone know wether the Sat has internet, also if you go there for the day nd use their sunbeds and have lunch and drinks etc can  you have your lunch brought out to your sunbed, I hate having to go inside to eat when I am sunbathing.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf