Author Topic: Good News Week  (Read 2338 times)

Offline hubblebubbles

Good News Week
« on: March 31, 2015, 18:11:22 PM »
Well at last progress is being made with the brothers. A meeting with the architect is planned for this Wednesday afternoon to go over the plans make any suggestions and sort out the costings. We are so delighted that finally an appointment has been made for the boys to see the Professor . The family fly to Istanbul this Friday morning and I have no doubt they are as excited  as they are scared as obviously have never flown before .At least we will know for sure if the amputation is really necessary at this stage and if there is any other treatment that will help the lads in any way . The wonderful ladies in Hisaranu are holding a fashion show (New clothing) and also a raffle to help  raise funds for the new house . Many thanks for their support . I will put the details on the forum but I believe Hayley has put it on facebook .

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Re: Good News Week
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 18:18:37 PM »
Thanks for the update hubblebubbles - all sounds good.  :)

Offline patrice

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 18:25:59 PM »
Great news Mavis  8)

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 19:48:03 PM »
Great news Mavis, have a great holiday and rest and I hope the wedding is blessed with good weather.

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2015, 20:06:16 PM »
Great news, I hope all goes well in Istanbul

Offline hubblebubbles

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2015, 15:30:56 PM »
Sadly not such good news from Istanbul . We are so pleased we  sent them to see the professor but he confirms there is nothing whatsoever they can do for them . The disease will progress until they eventually lose their hands and feet . One bit of good news is that the eldest boy does not have to have his  foot amputated  now but they are naturally feeling very despondent at the moment . We met with the architect on Wednesday and it seems the best way forward is for a steel and prefabricated house but the costings are higher than we first thought. The architect was thinking two bedrooms but I feel that as the boys are unlikely to leave home we should have a building that is suitable for  four adults and the boys should have a bedroom each. Of course I am thinking long term but it seems silly not to. The prices at the moment are coming in at 60,000  tl. The accountant has many contacts and is hoping to be able to get sponsors for some of the build and we are as determined as ever to complete this project.He is also getting prices from other companies for us  When I return from UK in two weeks time we will also be moving into new larger premises but so close to our present shop . We are one side of the  ladies hairdressers and we are moving to the other side as it is a larger shop with  a separate room for sorting and storing stock and keep our personal belongings so we are thrilled . After we have moved we will get down to brass tacks and sort out some sort of fundraiser for these lovely lads.

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2015, 15:45:45 PM »
Very sorry to hear the news about the boys Mavis, how on earth will they manage in the future? It looks very bleak for the family.  Just hope the fund raising can sort out their accommodation problem. God Bless them all xx

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf