Author Topic: Wet and Wonderful Day out for Love Homes Children  (Read 3061 times)

Offline Pi55y

Wet and Wonderful Day out for Love Homes Children
« on: September 15, 2015, 21:20:34 PM »
Wet and wonderful can only describe the recent outing for 24 local children.

The youngsters who live in the five permanent foster “Love” homes in the Fethiye area were treated to the memorable day out at Oludeniz Water World recently by the 3C’s.

Our charity has supported the Love Homes initiative since it was set up in the local area three years ago by the Fethiye Kaymakan,  to provide permanent homes for orphaned youngsters or those whose parents were unable to take care of them. Besides purchasing equipment for the homes and personal items for the youngsters, our charity has committed to taking the youngsters on an annual outing each year. For the last two years we have chartered a day boat to take the children out for the day but this year we decided to do something totally different and after talks with the Belediye and the  management at the new Water World park in Ovacik ,we  decided that it would be an ideal day out for the children that they would really enjoy.  It proved a real winner as a “splashing” day was had by all.

The excited youngsters accompanied by 8 staff from the homes were transported from their homes and  met early morning at the park by several members of our charity and once through the gates, there was not a dry child to be seen! The younger children were the first in the water making a beeline for the well supervised Kid’s club and they absolutely adored its model pirate ship and small pool and loved frolicking under the brightly coloured mushroom showers, sliding down the octopus arms and dunking under the spouting dolphins. The older boys and girls opted for the nine huge colourful water slides, the wave pool and the Lazy River which meanders through the pretty park.

Everyone was having such a great time that there were cries of protest when they had to get out of the water for lunch but the lure of a burger and chip meal was too much for the hungry children who devoured their lunch with relish.

After a rest, it was back in the water, only stopping for double scoop ice-creams and drinks mid-afternoon. Of course every child wanted a different combination of flavours much to the amusement of the patient ice-cream man.

Unfortunately but understandably  we cannot show you photographs of these happy children having the times of their lives at Water World  as we must respect their privacy, but take it from me their smiles were amazing to see. 3C's Jan Freeman (CBF's  Dizzy Jan) sums it up as follows

“We had a great day at Water World and there were lots of very happy, tired kids who went home after a day to remember. At the end of the afternoon, the house mothers brought the children over to thank us and I have to say that I have not met a more lovely bunch of kids; they were a credit to the “mums” and they should be very proud of the way they have brought them up. These children may not have had a great start in life but they are really loving life now”.

“The 3C’s and I cannot praise manager Nikki Finn and her staff at Water World enough for the efficient way things were run and for making the day a huge success both for us and the children. There was no waiting for lunch even though we were such a large group, everyone was extremely helpful and nothing was too much trouble for them”.

The 3C's would also like to thank all our  lovely supporters who help us to make these fun days out for the children happen    :)

Offline sunlover

Re: Wet and Wonderful Day out for Love Homes Children
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2015, 21:38:11 PM »
Sounds like a great day was had by all, makes it all worth while hearing these stories, thinking about the little things the likes of me and others do to help contribute to the charities... 

And understandibly no pictures of the children, respect the privacy.. You know and we know by the story they have had a great time. X

Offline marina

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2015, 21:38:57 PM »
What a wonderful report, sounds like everyone had a great time.  Well done to everyone concerned in making sure these young people enjoyed their day 

Offline Menthol

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2015, 23:24:07 PM »
Sounds like they had a wonderful time.

Well done everyone.

Offline quackers

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2015, 06:23:35 AM »
Well done 3C'S .

Offline Lotty

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2015, 07:02:36 AM »
Truly wonderful! A day the children will never forget, once again. ;D ;D ;D

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2015, 07:19:32 AM »
What  a lovely day for the children and one they'll remember forever. I understand not getting to see their photos to respect their privacy, but I hope lots were taken for them to keep as a reminder of this special day. Well done again folks. xxx

Offline Dizzy Jan

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2015, 07:48:18 AM »
Hi Toky
Yes the house mothers took loads of photos of the children so they will have some lovely memories to look back on. We respected their wishes and fully understood them,  but obviously the house mothers photo will been displayed in their home for their pleasure

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2015, 09:32:48 AM »

A big THANK YOU to all at 3cs for all that you do for the kids, and a big THANK YOU to all the "mums" at the

love homes for the fantastic job they are doing. I think the love homes idea is wonderful, life changing for the kids.

Offline busybee

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2015, 10:36:40 AM »
Me and Mick thoroughly enjoyed the day.  It was fantastic to see the youngsters having such a fun wet day.  The staff at the park couldn't do enough for us and nothing was a problem.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf