Author Topic: moving furniture BACK to the uk  (Read 5456 times)

Offline helga

moving furniture BACK to the uk
« on: July 26, 2008, 13:54:02 PM »
Hi everyone new to the forum but know this is the place to get all the info! We have lived in turkey for 3 years and moved our stuff from the uk and went through all the normal traumas in fact still are as they only ever granted us `temporary import` why? we never did get a proper reply regarding this, anyway we are looking to return our stuff to the uk can anyone give us any help regarding the best way to do this
thanks

Offline starman

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 23:02:25 PM »
the reason you get temporary import is that it is the only legal way to import large amounts of house hold goods. I know you can do it the other way where you get taxed for 1500 euros worth of goods and the rest is done under the table but thats why most custom brokers go the temp route as it is easier and less bribe money.

Offline helga

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2008, 06:32:23 AM »
Thanks for that starman this is just something we have to deal with each year by renewing our permit bit of a pain but not insurmountable, but back to my original query do you know the best way to return our goods to the uk as there are a lot of personal things i do want to take back, an help would be appreciated
quote:
Originally posted by starman

the reason you get temporary import is that it is the only legal way to import large amounts of house hold goods. I know you can do it the other way where you get taxed for 1500 euros worth of goods and the rest is done under the table but thats why most custom brokers go the temp route as it is easier and less bribe money.

Offline Firo

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2008, 12:02:39 PM »
Starman,
If it's a temporary import is it markrd in your passport?
Cheers
Fi

Offline starman

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2008, 12:36:46 PM »
no but permanent ones are like in my passport.

Offline number2

• More than just a member
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2008, 14:32:40 PM »
So after 3 years, do the authorities come round and check to see what furniture you have in your house, and what do they do if you aint got receipts to say you bought some of the stuff in Turkey. Alan

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2008, 15:56:33 PM »
When we moved here I emailed the movers and asked if our things were coming into Turkey as gecici kabul or vergili.  I was assured it was going to be vergili, but I see nothing in my husband's passport.  Could it be that we have paperwork to this effect and that would suffice?  Or does it also HAVE to be mentioned in the passport.  Because if it is, we will have to get the company to sort it out.  IF that is possible 1 year down the line.....

Offline starman

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2008, 17:12:41 PM »
vergili is taxed so I am not sure if it goes on. mine came under kesin donus (permanent return) and was tax free and they stamped in my passport that I had used my right to use the tax free option.

Offline Firo

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2008, 19:19:10 PM »
We paid customs tax and the "bribe" and as far as we are aware it was a permanent export but I do not have anything in my passport?
Confusing or what!
Fi

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2008, 20:22:19 PM »
Yup.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf